Do you understand sports?

the guys at work ( i am the only female) are always talking about sports... doesn't matter which one, just whatever is hot at the moment. i'm just really not that interested in it because i think pro sports players are all just a bunch of overpaid blowhards...

but do you understand why all the hype?

nybor48

Asked by nybor48 at 5:55 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Entertainment

• Yup.I understand them.One team of goofy guys wins and another team of more goofy guys lose. Then the bark like dogs, drink beer and smack eachother on the ass.And to me..that sums up sports.
    lol
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 6:42 PM on May. 31, 2011

• First off I love to watch football, basketball and boxing. It isn't hard to understand once you know the rules. The reason men talk about it all the time is because they don't have relationships like women. Ver7y few m,en have friends with whom they can share secret,s, emotions, and dreams with. So they bond by talking sports or politics, current events. Women may talk about those things too but it isn't our primary conversation filler.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:01 PM on May. 31, 2011

• They are overpaid but that doesn't stop me from watching it and thinking it's entertaining. The sports I love to watch are football and boxing.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 5:57 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I have to agree. I think they are overpaid show offs that have forgotten what it means to just play the game.

I have never been interested in sports unless it's drag racing or shooting and I have a chance to be involved.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 6:02 PM on May. 31, 2011

• My gf just read this and gave a good example...if you have a teenager wjho is driving you crazy a woman goes to her Mom or her best friend to vent. Men rarely, ever share personal problems or family issues. My husband and his best friend do...but they have been friends for 30 yrs. They are more like brothers.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:05 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Haha, you sound like me during Baseball season, nothing but a bunch of whiny overpaid peckerheads (who in my opinion don't even play nearly as hard as they should. I was always told, hit the ball and run, don't freaking watch it! You can over run first base too, ding dongs!!) My favorite sport is hockey, but I prefer college hockey, as the same with football.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 6:07 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I love sports....basketball and football. Basketball, the rules are pretty easy. Football is a bit more detailed but, I get enough of it. =)
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 6:36 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I can. I used to understand the NBA, 20 years ago. I like soccer, hockey, rugby league, and some car racing (I don't care for all the breaks in baseball and American football). But I haven't seen them in years, because I can't just watch sports. I have to have someone to talk about them with, and I just don't, so they seem kind of pointless now. It helps that I don't have local teams for anything. If I grew up here, I'd probably go to the odd basketball game here. Everybody I knew playing sports is retired now.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 8:48 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I don't only understand sports I love sports. Whether its football, basketball, baseball, hockey, softball, or soccer it doesn't matter I'm watching and fully into it. My favorites are baseball and football, I only work with about 3 guys and thats all we talk about. Most of the girls talk about...girl stuff and I talk about sports. I fail as a woman.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 9:21 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I'm in the same boat with my hubby. I realize it is a different situation but in raceing I just root for the guy my hubby hates. It just puts me in the mood to watch with a little fun compition. I get to understand it the more I watch it. But there are a lot of things I am still compleatly lost about. I would suggest going to events or just don't worry about it all together.
    Kimkh

Answer by Kimkh at 12:30 AM on Jun. 1, 2011