How long after you had your baby did you get your period?

my baby is already 7 weeks old and i havent gotten my period yet... just wondering how long it takes before i get my period.... also, last week at my postpartum check-up, i got the mirena placed in.... do you think that will also affect my first period?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Health

• A month and a half later.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 6:01 PM on May. 31, 2011

• About 2-3 months after I stopped nursing each time.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:03 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I EBF and still got mine at like 6 weeks. I had a about a 4 day break between postpartum bleeding and my period.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:09 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Well you bleed for a few weeks right after the baby was born, right? So, if you start counting from when you stopped bleeding it could be anywhere from two weeks to a month if you normally have regular periods. You have to give your body time to heal and grow new lining and sometimes birth control can effect it. Also are you breast feeding? Because some women will not have a period the entire time that they're breast feeding.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 6:27 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I was 5 months.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:39 PM on May. 31, 2011

• It was 6 months postpartum. I'm actually kind of surprised they put your mirena in before you had a period. I was told I had to be ON my period before they would put mine in. Made it easier for insertion, is what they told me. I guess every doctor's office is different. Or maybe things have changed that much since I had my daughter almost 5 years ago. Anyway, there are some cases where mirena could stop your period from coming. I myself still had a regular period for about 3 1/2 years with the mirena. Every woman is different though. When all else fails, call your Obgyn and ask them!
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 7:46 PM on May. 31, 2011