POTTY TRAINING DISASTER

MY DAUGHTER IS 3 AND I STARTED POTTY TRAINING HER AT 2 1/2 YRS OLD AND SHE CAN GO POTTY ON THE BIG TOILET FINE DURING THE DAY AND USE TO BE GOOD AT NOT PEEING HER PANTS AT NIGHT WHEN SHE SLEEPS AND I DONT GIVE HER ANYTHING TO DRINK BEFORE BED AND NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN SHE IS PEEING THE BED AT NIGHT WHAT DO I DO

MOMMIEAT27

Asked by MOMMIEAT27 at 6:05 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Get her up about four hours after she goes to bed and take her to the bathroom. I would not worry too much and just use nighttime pull-ups until she gets the hang of not going through the night.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:09 PM on May. 31, 2011

• PS. It is not a disaster it is just a bump in the road of parenthood. Don't let it throw you.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:10 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Is there something new going on. Kids often regress when they are stressed. New family member, company, new sitter or school any of those things are common triggers. Sometimes they just need encouragement. Continu to restrict fluids. I still get my 7 yr old up at 11pm (half the time he is barely awake) walk hjim to the toilet pull his pants down, he pees and then we put him back to bed. We did this with all our sons now grown, I did it with my granddaughter too. Eventually they start getting up on their own. My 24 yr olds wife told me this weekend....'Mark is so funny, he get up at midnight every single night to peee..I just suppressed the laugh. Hang in there. She is still very young. Get a waterproof mattress protector to save the mattress.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:11 PM on May. 31, 2011

• If she has been in panties do not go back to pullups or a diaper. THAT can really confuse them and cause issues.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:15 PM on May. 31, 2011