If you move a birds nest will she abandon her eggs???

A bird made a nest and laid eggs in my hanging basket. Its killing my flowers and Im scared to go on my porch or even water them lol.n How can I save my flowers, her eggs, and myself? LOL

madsmom314

Asked by madsmom314 at 6:17 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Home & Garden

• yes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:18 PM on May. 31, 2011

• She will most likely abandon the nest. There is not too much you can do. You will have to either decide between the nest or your flowers.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 6:20 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Yes, she will. Just sacrifice your flowers.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 6:27 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Leave the nest alone. Enjoy the nest.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:36 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Throw her out. My son and daughter-in-law have a bird's nest in one of their ferns and the plant is dying. They left her alone the first time and let her eggs hatch. She laid more eggs in the same nest. My son asked me what he should do, and I told him to throw her out. There are too many places a bird can build a nest to have to sacrifice your plants.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:42 PM on May. 31, 2011

• idk. but i guess i would just leave it alone.
    RoseWall

Answer by RoseWall at 6:43 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I would leave it alone.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:23 PM on May. 31, 2011

• id leave it alone
    ilovemyboys84

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 8:22 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I know if you pick and egg up and put it back in the nest, she will still come back but actually moving it, I think she will not come back. You do need to make up your mind if letting the plant die is worth it to you. I personally would leave it, once the birds fly away you can move the nest then. I am a fan of animals and nature and would just let it be.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 8:34 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Yeah...shell abandon it. My dad had a car that a bird made a nest on top of the motor. My dad had to move the nest. The mother never returned to her babies.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 10:02 PM on May. 31, 2011