40 weeks and counting

OMG ! My due date was yesterday. what can i do and the doc office i go to wont do anything.

blinkys11

Asked by blinkys11 at 6:37 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• wait it out...baby's not ready yet.

I envy you. I'm pregnant with my 5th and only made it to my due date once. I love being pregnant, the end mostly, and I wish I can go 40 weeks and counting. Good luck to you and your delivery.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 6:38 PM on May. 31, 2011

• walk, sex, eat spicy \food, jumpin jax, jump rope....some ppl drink castro oil
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 6:41 PM on May. 31, 2011

• nothing you can do. Just wait it out. The docs would do something if they felt that you and/or baby were in danger. But since they aren't they feel that both of you are just fine and baby is just not done baking yet! Just relax and enjoy being pregnant still :)
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 6:43 PM on May. 31, 2011

• you are SOOOO close now!!! Any day. Go swimming, eat a Popsicle, lay in a recliner and watch a chick flick, have DH do a major Burger run for dinner better yet go on a DATE. None of this will make the baby come but it will help you enjoy the last few days of your pregnancy. Don't forget to take a picture of your belly past due!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:44 PM on May. 31, 2011

• well i hate being prego i have been having contartions for 3 weeks im sick all the time and cant keep anything down ghau i hate this and nothings been working
    blinkys11

Comment by blinkys11 (original poster) at 6:47 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Along as there is no medical needs, your doctors office shouldn't do anything until you 42 weeks. I was induced at 42 weeks with my dd after trying everything, and I mean everything. Sex, walking, nipple stimulation, pineapple, spicy foods, bouncing on a yoga ball, nothing made my little girl come out. Enjoy your last few days of pregnancy. You will miss the kicks, jabs, summersaults... Sleep, a lot, because soon it will be a fond memory... :)
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 6:50 PM on May. 31, 2011

• walk, sex all of the above
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 6:51 PM on May. 31, 2011

• smart doctor, it means baby isn't ready yet
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 6:53 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I'm with you too. I will be 41 weeks friday and they are inducing me then if I don't go on my own. Nothing I have tried has worked. They say semen and orgasms both help things move along. My doctor said stress might be the reason I am not delivering, so he told me to go home and drink a small glass of red wine and take a bath today. About the only thing I haven't tried that I have heard of is primrose capsuls up the woohoo and raspberry leaf tea.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:21 PM on May. 31, 2011