Was Naomi too sensitive?

http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/now/naomi-campbell-vs-cadbury/123 So the jist of the article was that Naomi Campbell was offended that a Cadbury Chocolate bar commercial used her name and she felt it was racist.... "The ad reads,

"Move over Naomi, there's a new diva in town," and shows the candy bar nestled in diamonds. The campaign ran in supermarkets and newspapers in the U.K."

"Campbell told the U.K. newspaper the Independent, "I am shocked. It's upsetting to be described as chocolate, not just for me, but for all black women and black people. I do not find any humor in this. It is insulting and hurtful."

Do you think she overreacted?????I DO!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Huge overreaction. Like someone else said, they weren't calling her a chocolate bar, they were calling her a diva and with her behavior, that is the nicest thing anyone could call her.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 10:24 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• i just barely read that on the website! .. i think all the black people need to stop being to selfish and grow up and stop thinking everything is racist!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 7:12 PM on May. 31, 2011

• She's Naomi, of course she overreacted.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:21 PM on May. 31, 2011

• she did overreact. how silly. not only Naomi but a lot of African Americans enjoy playing the victim card, they make everything into a race issue. not all A-Americans do this but TOO many of them jump on the band wagon and cry wolf.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 7:11 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I don't think it had anything to do with chocolate and everything to do with her noted diva behavior
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 7:12 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I think when you say that ALL black people or ALL uneducated white people feel like victims is insensitive
    remark

Answer by remark at 7:15 PM on May. 31, 2011

• It's my understanding that a lot of black men and women refer to themselves as "chocolate"......I see no racism here; just another person claiming racism and a bunch of people giving it publicity thus fueling the fire.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 7:29 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Some of us do banana bear. I love my chocolate man. lol
    She is just being the diva that she is
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 7:34 PM on May. 31, 2011

• confusedThey didn't mention she was "chocolate",they're talking about her so called diva status.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:12 PM on May. 31, 2011

• She was just wanting more publicity.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 7:13 PM on May. 31, 2011