S/o of Weinergate

I've wondered this before with other politicians with unfortunate names. If you had a "bad" name, whether it's the combination of first and last name, easily teaseable, or if your name is just plain Weiner, would you change it before running for office?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 7:11 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I think his name fits. But, to answer the question, I would change it.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:19 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I would want to change it, but if I were running for office I would leave it what it is because if it looked like I was making a big deal of it, others would follow suit.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:22 PM on May. 31, 2011

• YES. One of my biggest conditions to picking a guy to marry is their last name. My maiden name is wine gardner OMG did I hate that name. Luckily I fell in love with an adams.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:33 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Hey, anything is possible, just ask Barry...

As far as, changing your name, I would think that would be a soc. sec. card nightmare but I guess Barry knows about that also, some say he has a few of those...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 7:36 PM on May. 31, 2011

• i wouldnt, b/c even tho its a goofy, joke inducing, last name...it keeps him remembered. plus, if a competitor stoops to the level to make fun of your name it just makes them look bad.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:28 PM on May. 31, 2011

• As far as, changing your name, I would think that would be a soc. sec. card nightmare but I guess Barry knows about that also, some say he has a few of those...

***

Actually legally changed my first name to "Lori" as it was the name I had always used, and later changed my last name when I got married...it wasn't difficult to do as per my social security number or passport. I just had to send and show the people at the SSA and Passport office my judges order, and they changed it accordingly.  It then became my new identity as I used it for my driver's license, credit cards, etc.

Funny story, I JUST found out that my mother had named me something completely different (first AND last name) on my birth certificate and legally changed it when I was SIX years old!!  So, to date, I've had THREE different first names, and THREE different last names (counting one marriage)!! LOL

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:34 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Funny story, I JUST found out that my mother had named me something completely different (first AND last name) on my birth certificate and legally changed it when I was SIX years old!! So, to date, I've had THREE different first names, and THREE different last names (counting one marriage)!! LOL

Wonder if our moms are related.lol I have been married once and am on my 4th last name and second first name. I also changed my middle name but that was my doing. For a day I was Pebbles Adele then my mom changed it to Tabatha. I had my moms maiden name for a while then it was changed to my biological dads last name. I was later adopted by my step dad and got my third last name. Then when I married I dropped my middle name replaced it with my adoptive dads last name and took my husbands name. I plan on never changing it again.lol It really wasn't that difficult to change my name any of the times.
    chaiteamomma

Answer by chaiteamomma at 10:48 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I want to add I would never run for office but if I changed my mind and had a last name like Wiener and then looked like a wiener probably would consider a name change.lol

chaiteamomma

Answer by chaiteamomma at 10:49 PM on May. 31, 2011