My daughter is 7 is it time for the santa talk?

I feel like she's on to me anyways, shes pretty smart. But the main thing is, I want her to know: 'I bought those presents and if you want to be good for someone be good for me!' Am I being selfish or should I do it?

ZoeEstellesMom

Asked by ZoeEstellesMom at 12:48 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would wait til she comes to you. Part of the joy of Christmas is believing in something as grand as Santa. Why take that away from her. She'll come to you one day and ask about it. But until then, let her go on with her own ideas. Otherwise, you'll have to explain the Tooth Fairy, The Easter Bunny and everyone else.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 12:50 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• My sons 8 (almost 9) and still believes in Santa. Let her figure it out on her own. She will anyway. My kids all asked me when they figured it out if I was really Santa. Then I told them ok ok you got me.

Answer by gemgem at 12:51 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Let her come to you. My daughter will be 9 soon and she still has no clue. I want her to believe as long as possible.
    Anonymous

• She probably knows your Santa, my youngest is 8 and she is beginning to realize that we are santa but she will continue to get gifts from him anyway and she still likes to play along.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 12:52 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• ok ok i wont do it...(at least not this year)
    ZoeEstellesMom

Answer by ZoeEstellesMom at 12:59 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• its always fun to belive in santa.i never heard of a kid say why did you lie lol..anyways how else could you get them to bed early on christmas eve lol
    Anonymous

• I am 47 yrs old my Mother has never said to any of my 5 brothers and sisters 'there is no Santa' We all figured it out..nobody is scarred. It is her way to give us that sly look and say you better watch it Sants watching. Even as adults she does this. I think it is a way to keep the 'magic' in Christmas.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:12 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• uh, Yeah that is selfish that you want 'credit" for the gift and think that she should be good in return. You give a gift because you care, not to manipulate behavior.
    Anonymous

• I'm 34. I still believe in Santa. We all need something to believe in. We all need a little magic & wonder in our lives. Why would you want to ruin that at such a young age?

When my daughter was 8, she announced that she didn't believe in Santa. So she didn't get any Santa gifts that year. Santa brings the best gifts.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 3:20 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• My parents, to this day (I'm 21), have never told me that Santa isn't real. I still believe in Santa... As motherofhope98 said, we all need something to believe in.
    angelofice

Answer by angelofice at 3:42 PM on Dec. 9, 2008