Do you talk to your pet in a weird baby voice?

lmao I do that all the time, my dog apparently likes it she always wags her tail, but I do get a weird look hah.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Pets

• I do sometimes, and other times I talk to him in my normal voice.

My MOTHER, on the other hand...oh my gawd. She talks to him in a high-pitched baby voice and repeats every single thing five times. "DO YOU WANT A TREAT? DOOOO YOUUU WANT A TREEEEEEEAT! WHO WANTS A TREAT? WHO WANTS ONE?" Then she'll tell him to hold on while she gets a treat. Like he cares! Then she comes back and gives him the treat. "IS IT GOOD? IS IT A GOOOOOD TREAT? DID MAMA GET YOU A TREAT?!"

Ugh. See, the back door is near my room...so every time she does this, I hear it in stereo O.O
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:52 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• We talk for all our animals....some people think it's weird...but oh well...we love our animals and they are happy. I talk for my dachshund more than any of them though.... LOL We add crazy add-on to their names too....do you do that? Example....Jack is not just Jack. Sometimes he is Jack-o-stink-o, or Noodles is Noody-toody, or Dixie is The Ditsy Booboo Show....and Meisha is Mooky Mooky Mush-Mush ...what kind of funny names do you have? These aren't all our animals, but you get the point...LOL Oh, Noodles also goes by Toodius Poodius or The Boss. Ok maybe I am psycho and need some adult time! I was going to post under my screen name but after reading this I think I'll go with Anon...LMAO !
    Anonymous

• SOMETIMES I baby talk to my dog. My SO does it all the time and my dog looks at him like he is a fruitcake. Then looks over at me like Momma, what's this wierdo doing. LMAO! My SO's mom always baby talks to her dogs and my SO's 10 year old daughter. Honestly, sometimes its ok but not ALL the time. It's wierd to me for it to be done all the time.
    Anonymous

• I talk to my cats but I have never baby talked them. I dont even talk like that to my actual babies. My grandma does to her dog and it cracks me up.
    Anonymous

• Yes sometimes! Each one may get A Different Voice too! But Not as much As I used to!! I guess we all grew out of it!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 6:22 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Yes, lol and my dogs love it!
    bookay

Answer by bookay at 1:13 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• had a customer who did that... (worked in pet industry BTW)
    to me it was like nails on a chalk board.....LOL <---insert scrunched face w hands over ears !!
    i dont understand why people do it, to each is own i guess!!
    Misfitqueen

Answer by Misfitqueen at 5:47 AM on Dec. 11, 2008