Does your husband talk very highly of you?

My husband is an electrician and him and the guys talk through out the day while there working and yes unbelieveably they talk about us wifes good or bad. My husband actually heres more bad then good things about the other wifes like there lazy, dont cook, never play with the kids things like that. My husband is so proud to tell the guys that I have the house clean when he comes home, I have dinner made (loves to tell them about my southern cooked meals lol), the kids are clean, clean clothes folded and put up and his most recent bragging about me is that I still do all that plus homeschool our 4 yr old and coupon to save us money which takes more time then you think. I actually dont get on here as much anymore cause Im online everyday looking for new deals. I actually got teared up the other day when he told me all this cause I never stop and think of all that I do, for me its just a part of life and not to mention that I love doing it all. Does you husband tell you occasionally how thankful and proud he is to have you as his wife?

LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Asked by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 7:33 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Relationships

• Always
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 7:36 PM on May. 31, 2011

• yes he has no choice but to do just that. he knows when to keep his trap shut out of respect for me.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 7:38 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Keep in mind that people complain more than they praise by nature. It's just normal. Those men are probably not that unhappy with their wives.

My husband doesn't really talk about me at all at work. But he does tell me when he is appreciative of the things I do.

I'm one of the lazy wives, though lol. I don't TRY to be lazy, but I get so frustrated and burnt out trying to clean and cook with two very small children. It's such an uphill battle and even when the house looks great by midday it's a mess again by evening. I give up some days... more than I should :(
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 7:42 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Mine complains about things to my face and talks me up behind my back. His friends will be over and listen to some of the obnoxious things he will say when he is messing around, and tell me what a softie he is out of my sight.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:54 PM on May. 31, 2011

• All the time. The people at his work think I walk on water!

Answer by missanc at 7:56 PM on May. 31, 2011

• i dont think mine talks about me at all, good or bad
    brookemhowell

Answer by brookemhowell at 7:57 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Yes ATI3 I know exactly how you feal some days cause I also have 2 little ones. I however clean up atleast twice a day to keep things from getting out of control or else its just harder on me at the end of the day. I used to get burnt out when my daughter was a newborn but shes 13 months old now and very independent so I can get more done now. Its just nice to hear that hubby sees and apprecitates all that I do :)
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Comment by LANDENSMOMMYlmk (original poster) at 8:00 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Yes... very highly.

IF he has a disagreement with me he goes to me directly. We dont air our laundry to others. Childish and disrespectful towards your spouse.
    Anonymous

• Honestly, I dont think he talks about me much at all. And if he does, its just because other people brought up their wife or girlfriend. He goes out of town for work alot and I always ask if he talks about me and the pregnancy, he says not really. I think its weird. At home, he never ever tells me he appreciates me or anything. I don't think he does, hence the reason he doesn't say anything. I fish for compliments if I need them.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 8:20 PM on May. 31, 2011

• No, I'm not that good a wife.

However hard I try, my 3 kids are too fast for me and I clean up one thing, they mess up another (and don't nap). It does hurt and demotivate me, even though I am only a housewife because I'm home with the kids. I love playing with them, but housewifery is the farthest thing from my calling.

When you said "does your husband talk you up?" I was thinking "does he appreciate my intelligence, find me interesting, think I could get a great job once the kids are in school?" It never occurred to me that anyone- husband or wife- talks about or really cares how clean the house is (beyond 'not disgusting') or if their clothes are folded. I kind of see it, but I really don't. So I am kind of hurt that I'm a failure at SAHM (except most of the kid and a lot of cooking stuff), but I mostly don't care. If they make a mess because all 3 of us are busy or I have a story idea, that's good for me.

And love Ali
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 8:34 PM on May. 31, 2011