Almost 9 months and not sleeping through the night!!

We are so frustrated with our little girl. She has been sleeping through the night since she was 8 weeks old. Out of nowhere a few weeks ago, she began waking up one-two times per night, screaming. At first, we thought it was a growth spurt or teething, but she isn't very hungry and the only thing seeming to console her is if I bring her to bed with me. Anyone else have this problem? Would love some advice!

msparklym13

Asked by msparklym13 at 7:51 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it is actually very common to have sleep disturbances before a large developmental milestones... I bet you are she is pretty close to one.
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 7:53 PM on May. 31, 2011

• my son has never slept through the night and he'll be 2 in July...so GL to you on this one!
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 7:55 PM on May. 31, 2011

• What would be considered a developmental milestone? My husband thinks she just wants to come snuggle with us!
    msparklym13

Comment by msparklym13 (original poster) at 7:55 PM on May. 31, 2011

• My 21 month old doesn't sttn. DO NOT bring her to bed with you. Try to let her self soothe, my dd likes her soft blanket and rubs it on her face to calm her self. Or I will rub her back until she is calm, not sleeping. And then walk out of the room. I know it's easier said then done, but you need to be consistent and if you keep bringing her to bed with you that is all she will want, so you will have another thing to break her of
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 7:55 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Last night I spent 40 minutes rubbing her back before I finally gave up! How long should I let her cry it out?
    msparklym13

Comment by msparklym13 (original poster) at 7:57 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Our ds just started sleeping through the night and he is just now 2 1/2! It has been a long 2 1/2 yrs! He still will get up screaming some nights. I just get up each time, if he does not go back to sleep on his own. I tried Hylands Calm Forte for kids some and it did help, but he was older than your dd. I never put him in the bed with me, I always thought that it would become a habit and not solve the problem. So, I would just sit with him in his room and rock him until he wore himself out. Good luck!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 8:01 PM on May. 31, 2011

• So smart not to bring them to bed! We just moved, so we were without a crib for a day or two, and at first we thought it was the disturbance of being off her schedule and new house. It has been so amazing having her sleep through the night for so many months... :-( Hope we can break this habit that could be our fault!! UGH
    msparklym13

Comment by msparklym13 (original poster) at 8:03 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I wish I could help you, but my son would wake up every night until he turned about two years old lol
    summermail88

Answer by summermail88 at 8:57 PM on May. 31, 2011