Why is my daughter crying so much?

My daughter is 3 and a half months old and for the last week or so she does nothing but cry. Nothing seems to sooth her and I dont know what to do. Its just non stop crying at the top of her lungs. Can someone please give me some advice?

price85

Asked by price85 at 7:54 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Gas?
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 7:54 PM on May. 31, 2011

• gas would be my guess too. or teething? try rubbing some ice on her gums...?
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 7:56 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Maybe she has colic. My nephew was the same way, my sis took him to the doc and found out that he has acid reflex.

styhmMommy

Answer by styhmMommy at 7:57 PM on May. 31, 2011

• gas, teething, not sleeping good at night, try gas drops, teething gel. If contines I would see a doctor about it. My girls when younger when this way I would put them in a swing and that would help calm them done, pacifier would work wonders as well.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 7:59 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Some babies get like that from time to time.Try to rule out things,hunger, diaper change,just wanting to be held,gas pain,constipation? If you've ruled all that out, call her ped and see what they suggest.Maybe she has colic?Maybe something is hurting her?
    Try some things to calm her..give her a nice bath, give her a baby massage, rub the bottoms of her feet(this works for my son and he often will stop crying and fall right to sleep, its kinda funny lol),try swaddling,try holding her and walking around with her singing soft songs or just talking to her, try putting her in her buggy and taking her for a walk in some fresh air.
    I hope this helps a little..hope your little one is okay!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:00 PM on May. 31, 2011

• ear infection? reflux? gas?
    TaylorBaby

Answer by TaylorBaby at 8:40 PM on May. 31, 2011

• My son started doing this at 3 months too, we found out he's teething, he would like SCREAM and CRY like crazy and seemed like he was in so much pain. We actually called and asked the doc, and they said sometimes teething can hurt so bad it makes their ears hurt and everything. So we got some Baby Orajel and put a little dab on his gums, and he quit. It was a lifesaver. But anyway, my point to this long answer was to try orajel and see if that helps at all lol
    summermail88

Answer by summermail88 at 8:54 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Oh and by the way, I would probably rule out the colic thing, cuz if they have colic, it usually begins really early after birth, not at 3 months, if anything a baby would be getting over having colic at this point in time.
    summermail88

Answer by summermail88 at 8:56 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Thanks to everyone for their advice. She does sleep all night so I dont think its that. She eats very well and always burps afterward. One of my guesses is teething too. Ive tried orajel but it doesnt seem to help her. The only problem with trying to completely focus on her is I also have an 18 month old so he gets mad when I try and calm her down so going for a walk and things like that are out of the question until he goes to bed. I have been thinking about taking her to the doc and see what he thinks. Again thanks everyone for the responses.
    price85

Comment by price85 (original poster) at 9:14 PM on May. 31, 2011

• it could be teething r a ear infection but for the teething my dad told us an old wise tell find a copper penny i think it has to be befor 1965 drill a small hole in it put it on a soft string and put it around babies neck like a necklace not to tight but not loose enough to get it in there mouth the copper draws the fever and the pain out of the gums u will never know when there tetth come in . it worked on all my kids and im about to fix one for my 4 month old son . try it it works just like people use copper braclets for the swelling and pain of author
    yanezjana

Answer by yanezjana at 11:32 PM on May. 31, 2011