How do you make your sweet tea? And i mean home made southern sweet tea not Lipton Lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Boil water. Dump it over the tea bags and let sit there for a good 10 minutes or so. If you wish to have a fruit taste add fruit of choice while brewing. Once brewing is done add as much sugar as you wish.
    Anonymous

• I boil my water, add the tea bags and a cup of sugar to a gallon. I remove my bags once it's steeped enough for my liking.

and LOL on the Lipton. Try going up north and ask for sweet tea, they look at you funny. Try asking for iced tea in the winter and they'll tell you it's not 'in season." If you want it sweet they'll hand you some sugar.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 8:02 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I run hot water while it's running throw in teabags and 2 and half cups of sugar, take and squeeze teabags, stir, and whalaa
    babygirl_18

Answer by babygirl_18 at 8:02 PM on May. 31, 2011

• i know i went to new jersey and i asked for sweet tea and they looked at me funny wrote something down then brought me my "tea" when i drank it i about spit it out lol its not sweet at all
    babygirl_18

Answer by babygirl_18 at 8:04 PM on May. 31, 2011

• LOL i just read about Sun tea.. Im not from the south at all, i just love tea in general. Hot or Cold.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:05 PM on May. 31, 2011

• get a glass or plastic container 1 gallon from walmart. 2 cups of sugar fill it to the top with water mix, 7 to ten tea bags depending on how strong you like it or one gallon tea bag then leave it in the sun all day
    blinkys11

Answer by blinkys11 at 8:06 PM on May. 31, 2011

• haha
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:06 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I put a cup of sugar in a measuring cup, bring water to a boil and pour over the sugar. I stir until the water is clear (sugar totally dissolved), and add two quart/family-sized tea bags. Let it steep for 20 minutes.

Fill a two-quart pitcher with ice, pour tea concentrate over ice and stir. Fill measuring cup with cold water (over tea bags) and pour into pitcher. Keep doing that to fill two-quart pitcher. Throw out tea bags. Enjoy tea.

That's how I make it for my husband (well, I usually only put in 2/3 cup b/c I am trying to cut him back!!).
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 8:08 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Boil water, add tea bags, let steep until it's the desired strength. Pour over sugar and stir. Put in fridge until cold or add ice.

And UGH on the Lipton. My husband is from NH and that is his idea of iced tea. Pffft!
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 8:14 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I boil 10 tea bags in about 3 cups water. once boiling I turn it off and let it steep for about 5 minutes, pull the bags out, pour in 2 cups sugar and bring to full rolling boil again. I turn it off and fill a pitcher about 3/4 full of cold water then add my tea/sugar mix. YUMMY!!!
    Meesy

Answer by Meesy at 8:24 PM on May. 31, 2011