Need Help

I hate my job and want to quit but that is not an option. I work in a very busy doctors office with like 15 docs. My question is do I start asking the docs for letters of recommendations now or wait until I find a new job. If I ask now then my supervisor will know I am looking for a job and then try to get rid of me because she hates me. She is the reason I want to quit.

RedDahlia82

Asked by RedDahlia82 at 8:13 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Money & Work

• No, once they get wind that you want to leave, they are liable to let you go.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 8:17 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I would wait
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 8:35 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Once they know that you are looking, they will start looking for a replacement for you, and you may wind up unemployed.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:04 PM on May. 31, 2011

• If you have a good working relationship with any of the doctors you might ask them in a way that doesn't say "i'm outta here" Maybe something like "I've really enjoyed working with you. If I ever have to leave would you write me a letter of recommendation?" Of course, they will assume something is up, but it shouldn't be enough for them to fire you.
    shareleann

Answer by shareleann at 4:02 AM on Jun. 1, 2011