School!

So I went to my old high school this evening & wow is all I have to say haha See the building I went to school in is gone completely & everything about the property is changed & there is a new building there. I only graduated in 2005 btw so for me to say my old high school is gone is kind of weird makes me feel older then I am!

Its a nice new school they even have benches built into the wall for kids to sit & hang out on. An entire balcony on a third floor for honor students to hang out in only. A huge entry way for everyone to mingle & hang out at, balcony over the entry way for the second floor its simply awesome lol I felt a bit jealous & was thinking boy these kids here dont know what they have!

My old building was tiny not enough room for everyone, hang out area was the size of my apartment now! Gym was shared by high school & elementary school! We didnt have any seats/benches we had to hoist ourselves up onto the ledge of the large windows in the hallway from the high school to the jr high to sit lol Only one floor & only one hallway at that! Honor roll students had one small balcony in the library for their special area. Our performance stage was condemned. Our track field was unuseable so we couldnt hold meets there, our pole vault pit was illegal LOL

Wish I had pics of the old building so when my daughter gets to school I can show her where I went to school & how small & different it was haha I remember going to schools for events that were nice & new & all of us going "oohhh ahhh" & admiring the space & luxuries. Also when other schools came to ours for events sometimes they'd be nasty & do awful things just bc our school was so old & small & disgusting! I guess I should start calling of that the good ol' days lol

So is your old school building still kicking around?

Mel30248

Asked by Mel30248 at 8:13 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Just for Fun

• as far as the last time i was there it is. i graduated in 2003 & havent seen it since 2005 (when my parents moved away). id love to go visit but its in Alaska & im in Oklahoma. i left my mark on it tho! me & some friends painted the music hall bright yellow & green (school colors) w/ the school song. i heard they were planning on remodeling the hallway tho, so i dont know if its still there. it was extremely packed (more kids at my high school than at my college!) but they built another high school instead of building onto mine.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:17 PM on May. 31, 2011

• My high school is much like when I went there in 95
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 8:21 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I actually work at the HS I graduated from (25 years ago this Saturday). We are building a new school right behind it and I have been involved with the planning of the athletics area. The new school sits on the place where the football/soccer field I played on used to be. It will be sad when they doze the old school... but I am so looking forward to working in the new building!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:20 PM on May. 31, 2011