Cheaters

If you knew someone who was actively cheating on his/her spouse would you associate with that person? How do you feel about people who cheat on their spouses? What about the other person in the situation that they're cheating with? Would you tell the spouse that was being cheated on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• I would not associate with the cheater if it can be helped. I also would probably not tell the person that was being cheated on - you know the old saying "kill the messenger"
    Anonymous

• We know of a relative That cheats. It's hard not associate with relatives. No we have never told the spouse, we don't think it is our place to tell. About the other person/persons in the affair, we don't know that person/persons.

People who cheat should just stay single. If they want more then one partner

Answer by louise2 at 1:11 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Unfortunately I would feel obligated to tell the person being cheated on....However, I would give the Cheater the opportunity to come clean first. I would have a very difficult time associating with a cheater. If they can lie to their spouse, they'll lie to anyone.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 1:14 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I'd distance myself from the cheater, deciding to inform the person their spouse is cheating depends on your relationship with that person. My best friend was with her ex for six years, she cheated on him with various men for the last two. We spent less time together and I told her she couldn't bring her "boyfriends" around. I understand why she felt like she had to go somewhere else to feel love but I don't understand why she didn't just end it. I never told him because I wasn't close with him and I still considered her my best friend despite her doing something I didn't think well of.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 1:40 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I am a happily married woman...I am more than in love with my husband. I'm a wonderful mother and a loyal friend.

I am also a cheater. Not now. But I cheated on my spouse. I did not get caught. I came clean. My husband, who is more wonderful than I've ever deserved has forgiven me 100% and we've moved on.

Why?

Anonymous

• continued from above.

Because cheating doesn't define a person. Who hasn't made a mistake? I don't know anyone. I do not try and play off what I did. It was wrong. If my husband had left me I would have had no one to blame but myself. But I can't hold on to that one choice in my life and allow it to run the rest of my life. I think there are different "kinds" of cheaters. There are those who make a mistake and regret it with all of their being. There are those who do it continuously and they're only regret is when they get caught. I guess if you're talking about the second kind of person then I can understand judging them and maybe wanting nothing to do with them.

But the first kind can really happen to anyone. Don't for a second think you are exempt. Because I never ever ever thought it would happen to me. I NEVER thought I'd be a cheater. And then I was.
    Anonymous