First time feeling "out of place"

I am going to start beautician school in the fall... but this past weekend they had a get-together for future students ( kind of an afternoon lunch thing ) ...

I have always liked the way I looked, I am "bigger" ( as in I am tall and I have big curves ) ... But I have never had a problem with that, i have always had people who tell me how nice I look, and I even get hit on by all kinds of men ( lol I like to mention that) ... and those things have always "helped" because I am sort of shy, so that helps get me to talking and stuff...

Well at get-together, I think I was the only one who wasn't 5'2, and under 115 pounds ( also I was one of the very few dark haired ladies) ... and it just seemed like they were all bunched together ... I did try to talk to a few but nothing really came out of it, and at first I didnt think much of this...

BUT , then as the people were coming around asking us what meal we wanted ( there were a few you could chose from ) and I chose chicken , the waitress asked me ( seriously) " are you sure you don't want the salad instead" , and then gave a look to the little ladies sitting around me... and they ALL started giggling... Seriously, like we were in jr. high or something ( and we are all in for the adult schooling, so obviously we are not ) ... I was so embarrassed and I just couldnt believe that people actually act like this, and now I feel so upset about thinking of having to spend everyday with those women ...

And it makes me even madder because I am not "fat" ... sure, I am over about 7 pounds what I should be for my height, but my DR. told me before that it is because I have extra weight in my breasts... my stomach is actually pretty flat too , but still, I just feel like that even though i was pretty proud of the way I looked before, I cant feel myself not feeling so great about it if they act like that in school.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Well you have two options drop out or go through with school. I'd stick with it personally & yeah you may end up being the butt of their jokes but your the better person here. They are immature & its not going to get them too far in life if they keep it up. Sometimes you simply get stuck with a bad bunch of people you dont click with & sadly this is what it sounds like to me. Dont get discouraged though bc after its all said & done either you'll have made some friends in school or you will never have to hopefully see them again.

Keep your head up your the better person here & simply ignore them acting like children which I know is easier said then done but sometimes we just have to do that. I hope all goes well & that you end up making some friends or at least liking your teachers! You'll get through this good luck hun!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 8:35 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Please do not let childish women block your future. Be the better person and finish your classes. You are better than them.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 8:44 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I would not let these childish women get to you. They will come around when they get to know you. Good luck

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 10:10 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Be the leader....lead. Do You.....and never ever back down about who you know you are. Stand your ground and dont shrink back and become a wall flower now! No time for that. Speak your mind and be confident and be yourself....they will have no choice but to come around. but above all things.....DONT TRY TO FIT IN....TREAT THEM AS IF THEY NEED TO TRY AND FIT IN WITH YOU. BE VOCAL AND BE CONFIDENT. THEN KICK BUTT AT ALL OF YOUR ASSIGNMENTS AND BE THE BEST.
    laynni

Answer by laynni at 3:05 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I would not put my plans for the future on the back burner just because a bunch of women played high school games on me. And that waitress was just plain rude!

MissKathleen297

Answer by MissKathleen297 at 5:29 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Are you kidding?.........LOVE THYSELF!!! You're YOU!!! and you must know how shallow-minded and immature they all were and especially even more so that they stuck together like a bunch of chattering, giddy high school girls. Consider yourself a real woman and don't LET other ignorant people ruin your goals you have for yourself. What will it matter if it is hard being around them everyday until you pass? Show them you're way beyond that kind of behavior. Hold your head high and make THEM wonder what you have that they are lacking. Don't be suprised if they don't wonder though....I call these kinds of girls "twits" and they usually remain "twits" into their 50's and 60's.
    If you died TOMORROW...........would their opinions of you, your weight, your looks, your haircolor really make a "hill of beans" ?? NO. So, BLOW THEM OFF and go get your Cosmo Cert. ...I hope you do! In spite of people like that, shallow morons
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 11:45 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Keep your head held High dont let them get to you!!!
    ljmommy1211

Answer by ljmommy1211 at 1:19 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• feel good about you, don't let other people decide how you should feel....you're a beautiful, confident woman who has decided to get an education and do something for yourself. ignore them.....if you can, then with your head high walk by and say, i hear some people forgot to put on their big girl panties today. or hand them a bottle of acne cream and say you may need this, wouldn't want to blow your cover and the teacher discover she is teaching teens instead of ladies.....woman up!!!! best of luck! you're not a nut so don't let them crack you....
    southernlady184

Answer by southernlady184 at 1:34 AM on Jun. 28, 2011