When do babies start grabbing things such as earrings?

not holding, but grasping and pulling and such

xunlucxyx0

Asked by xunlucxyx0 at 8:31 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter will be seven months old on Saturday and has been doing this for a solid two months already.
    jteffs

Answer by jteffs at 8:42 PM on May. 31, 2011

• My son started about 3 weeks ago...he just turned 4 months old, so he was like 3 1/2 months when he started trying, he's gettin better at it now though lol it's so sweet to watch how hard he concentrates when he reaches for something and gets it in his hands, and then of course it goes straight to his mouth :-)
    summermail88

Answer by summermail88 at 8:51 PM on May. 31, 2011

• my twin boys are 2 mo and they grab my necklace all the time. not intentionally, but when they do.... they hold on! lol. if you are talking about having your dd ears pierced, I remember that my dr said to do it by age 4 mo or else she would start to grab the earrings. I didn't do it, I am waiting until she is older... 4 or 5 yrs old.
    Mommytobe618

Answer by Mommytobe618 at 9:29 PM on May. 31, 2011

• my lil boy is 4 months old and he just started grabbing things like that thelast 2 weeks
    yanezjana

Answer by yanezjana at 11:20 PM on May. 31, 2011

• 8 week son grabs my hair by mistake then holds on for dear life. It would be cute if it weren't so painful!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 2:01 AM on Jun. 1, 2011