How do you expect to handle in the future(or if you're going through it now) if your teenager gets pregnant or gets someone pregnant?

babygirl_18

Asked by babygirl_18 at 8:47 PM on May. 31, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'd be supportive in any way possible. If my daughters became pregnant I'd discuss all their options in depth and support which ever decision they make. If they chose to have an abortion I'd be there to help them through that, if they chose adoption I'd help them choose a family to place their child with and with the grief of having to give up their child, if they chose to raise their child I'd be there to babysit so they could continue school and work. If my sons get a girl pregnant I'd offer the same support to them and their girlfriends - I'd never let them shirk their responsibilities if their girlfriends chose to keep the child and raise him/her. I was 18 when I had my first kid, thanks to my DH and our families I finished college and continued to work and I'd do the same for my children and grandchildren.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 9:50 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I am openly pro choice. I do however advocate adoption and other options. I plan on making sure my boys know that I am there for them and whoever their girlfriend may be no matter what. Its their choice, but I plan on educating my kids about the consequences of sex, so hopefully I am never in this situation.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 8:50 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I will sit my daughter down & explain her options. Abortion, adoption or keep the baby. It would tell her what I'd like to see as an option adoption or keep it & why then let her make the choice. Once she has figured out which option she is going to go with then I will support her. Abortion I will go to the appointment with her & help her with any after feelings. Adoption I will help her to find a loving family & pick if its to be open or closed. Keep it I will help her to be the best mother she can be, keep her in school best I can, help to watch the child but still make sure she is a mother & watches her own child a lot as well but still allow her to have a bit of fun once in a while (a hard balance to strike I am sure).

I will always support my daughter period.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 8:52 PM on May. 31, 2011

• heavily medicated.lol
    dramaMama407

Answer by dramaMama407 at 8:57 PM on May. 31, 2011

• well i would hope to sit down the two kids and the parents of the boy and discuss the situation. hopefully openly and calmly. alot of times that does not happen. i hope she would decide to keep it or put it up for adoption but its her body and her choice. if she was going to have an abortion she could do it with out parental consent i believe in most states(not sure on that one but that is what i presume). so if she is coming to me she is probably very scared and feels alone. i would help her and get her any support possible and good medical care. so i hope i am never in that situation but if it happens i will try my best to keep calm and open decide together.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:59 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I would be totally supportive and do whatever I could to help both kids finish school and get started.
    MedicMommy

Answer by MedicMommy at 6:07 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I would try to be as calm as possible, of course I would be dissapointed and I would let her know that, however I would also let her know all of her options and be totally supportive of her decision!
    ambergrace612

Answer by ambergrace612 at 10:51 AM on Jun. 1, 2011