Any suggestions?

I'm getting married this summer (please keep this in mind) in a friend's gorgeous backyard. We've decided to go the pot luck route for a menu. I think the best way to go about this would be to come up with a list of suggestions for my guests(very close friends and family who all like to cook!) and have them pick beforehand what they want to do, if anything at all, it's really no biggie. The only problem is that I have even hosted a party much less a pot luck wedding so I'm at loss for meal or recipie ideas. Do any of you ladies have any suggestions, it would be a great help. Thank you.

As a side note, I've already put down different variations of salads and some summer soups that can be served cold or at room temp. such as gazpacho.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Entertainment

• We had a very casual reception and did a smoked meats tray and cheeses with croissants and different breads along with some different salads (three bean, fruit, etc). Everyone pitched in so it did not cost a fortune and everyone felt very much a part of it.
    micjones

Answer by micjones at 1:53 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Everything already mentioned sounds great! And more than enough! lol!

Best Wishes To You!
    southerngrandma

Answer by southerngrandma at 2:34 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I would just tell them you are having an Italian theme for the food, or whatever theme. Then ask them to let you know what they are bringing to avoid duplicates. I think telling them what they can and should bring is going a little overboard.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 5:24 PM on Dec. 9, 2008