Daddy at the birth?

How many women would be extremely upset if the father of their baby was not present during the birth/csection due to his "miscalculations"(meaning he didnt want to or chose something over you guys baby)?

babygirl_18

Asked by babygirl_18 at 8:49 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My DD's sperm donor chose to not be there. I chose he not have a DD....
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 9:01 PM on May. 31, 2011

• My EX husband did not find it convenient to be at the birth of either of our children. He had many more important things to attend to: girlfriends and drinking to name a few. Did I mention he is my EX?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:50 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I would be devastated but I was prepared for the possibility. My husband drives a truck all across the state and if I went into labor during the day and she came in under a couple of hours, he would've missed it. I was however, extremely lucky.
    jteffs

Answer by jteffs at 8:51 PM on May. 31, 2011

• well some guys just can't handle seeing the woman that they love cut open so try not to be too hard on him although it's extremely disappointing.... it's really not easy for a guy to admit he's scared!!!!

besides I for one wanted my mommy there!!!! well and the anesthesiologist!!!!! they will be your new bf by the time your finished!!!!

traren

Answer by traren at 9:14 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I would be devestated to say the very least. My husband never misses a doctors appointment let alone the birth of our child.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 11:12 PM on May. 31, 2011

• It would depend on why he wasn't there.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 8:50 PM on May. 31, 2011

• My husband is the only one I wanted for both of my daughter's births. I wouldn't have it any other way.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 8:51 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Define "present". Mine was thrown out of the room at the last second because something was wrong and they had to knock me out completely. I can't really blame him for that, and he spent the next hour terrified, because up until the last second he was supposed to be in there, even though it was a c. That's not the same as going fishing, though.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:52 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Unless there was some good reason he couldn't be there i would be super pissed!
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 8:52 PM on May. 31, 2011

• It depends. My husband is AD Army, so we've been LUCKY in my opinion that he was at our first's birth (he deployed 6 weeks later), and will be at our seconds birth. But things come up. I would be upset, but I would realize I couldnt change it.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 8:52 PM on May. 31, 2011