What can you do with beans/entils besides...

soup, rice/beans, sloppy joes and burgers? I need some ides for us to not get sick of cheap dried beans. I really like lentils since there is no prep.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 8:53 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Enchiladas? Rice/bean/salasa/chicken in a pot mix? Mix with veggies as a side dish? These are what we do with them!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 8:54 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Sweet and sour eggrolls - cook em to soft, mash em, mix in a dash of vinegar and a bit of molasses, spice em up, wrap and fry. YUM!
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 9:05 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I have lots of recipes using beans and lentils. Send me a message if you would like some

Answer by rkoloms at 9:13 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Seriously, send rkoloms a message. She'll hook you up.

I've got quite a few in my pocket... gimme a bit and I can likely pull them together. I've also got a couple links that might be helpful, and a kickass french lentil soup that my kids can't get enough of!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:15 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Oooh and lentil loaf with homemade bbq sauce. The recipe is in my New Farm Vegetarian Cook book, lemme see if I can find it
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 10:04 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Don't forget salads! Substitute cooked beans, lentils or peas for meats in salads.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 7:46 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I am so glad you all have a variety of ideas! I am worried we are going to get sick of beans quick but with this many choices maybe not!
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 10:25 PM on Jun. 1, 2011