I am buying an espresso bar. Can you give me any business advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Money & Work

• Be consistent.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:15 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I have been working for a small chain of coffee bars / cafes for about a year and a half. Send me a message if you would like to chat.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:34 PM on May. 31, 2011

• PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DEAR GOD PLEASE DON'T HIRE BARISTAS THAT DONT DRINK COFFEE!!! It's a rare thing to find a good barista that doesn't drink coffee. They usually don't know what it is supposed to taste like & you won't know they are screwing it up until your customers complain! Also - keep your thermometers calibrated. Nothing is worse than burnt milk in an espresso drink! Carry more than 2sugar free flavors.
    shareleann

Answer by shareleann at 3:52 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Do you have a business and a marketing plan?  Do you know how to effectively advertise?  Have you ever hired employees before?  Do you have all your licences and permits?

I invite you to join my Cafemom business group to meet other business-owner moms and ask any questions you might have.  

MoversShakers

Answer by MoversShakers at 11:41 AM on Jun. 1, 2011