What is one thing that you enjoy doing with your LO that does not cost any money?

well today we drove to the lake and just played in the sand on the beach. just us and threw some rocks in the lake and played with her toys. didn;t cost anything because its so close to home.

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 9:08 PM on May. 31, 2011 in General Parenting

• Running through sprinklers is popular. gymnastics are great, they can do somersaults for 15 minutes sometimes. Hopscotch. Games (Uno, sorry, chutes/ladders) There is a place down the road, not free but $1 train rides and $1 sprinkler park. Here in the Summer, you really can't be outside from about 10am-4 or 5. Too hot. There was a playplace in the mall, but my older 2 are too big for it (oldest is too old, middle child just way tall), so only the younger likes it. We shop and buy nothing often- walking the mall is exercise in air conditioning. All the kids like taking pictures and computer games. Ride bikes/scooters. Walks. Painting. Even the 6 year old likes bubbles. Bubble machine + music = bubble dance party. Music + cleaning = cleaning dance party.

I'm really not creative & sometimes we watch TV or go for drives, even drive thru. Oh, and there's a local free moms' club to do this stuff with other kids!
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 10:15 PM on May. 31, 2011

• pool, playground, beach, walking around the neighborhood with the little ones in the stroller and the big girl riding her bike, sometimes my mom scores 2 free movie tickets at her job so i'll take my oldest. some days they have more fun running through the sprinkler in the backyard than going somewhere else that costs money.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:11 PM on May. 31, 2011

• we like to sing (yes we are a singing family) hahaa and make up dances, all 5 of my girls get involved ,my dh is the funniest one to watch, but we have fun and it doesn't cost us a dime.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:15 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Favorite thing to do is the free sprinkler parks around here! I don't have any kids of my own yet ( 6 months pregnant) but when I babysit that is the favorite thing of the kids! it's free and they spend hours just running around. The zoo also is a great option if you have one near by. Or better yet if your able to just hook up a sprinkler outside and let them play. :)
    oliviahw

Answer by oliviahw at 9:18 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Swimming and gardening are out favorite things.

Answer by gemgem at 9:28 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Playground, picnics, walking the mall on rainy days, library events, kiddie pool, sprinkler park, playdates
    Danyellimom

Answer by Danyellimom at 9:34 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Just getting to spend time with them outside playin in the sand or water..
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 9:50 PM on May. 31, 2011

• swimming and going to the park :) Reading is good too :)
    MamaHardy2008

Answer by MamaHardy2008 at 9:50 PM on May. 31, 2011

• My 3 year old loves doing arts & crafts, coloring, riding her bike, and gardening. We also frequently go to the Cape May County Park & Zoo. It is an awesome zoo and park and both are free. We go there almost year round, except when it is too snowy/cold in dead of winter.
    BriMom2007

Answer by BriMom2007 at 10:34 PM on May. 31, 2011

• oh, and story time at the library. when my oldest starts vpk in the fall i plan to take advantage of the 3 hours she's at school each day to take my 2 year old and 16 month old to storytime.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:12 PM on May. 31, 2011