Care package for hospital

my cousin's wife and 9 month old were in a bad car accident last week, mother was ok but the baby skull was fractored on the left bleeding brain on the right and all of the brain is swollen, he has started alittle of waking up from a medical induced comma. We live about 6 hours away but we dont want to go down there because we also have a baby and young kids. But we are wanting to send them some stuff but not sure what we should send besides money, I need ideas?

my 5 year old told me just socks and a blanket cuz hospitals are cold!

and if you can Please help pray for him!!!!

SkylaReneeMom

Asked by SkylaReneeMom at 9:13 PM on May. 31, 2011 in General Parenting

• Your 5 year old it right! I think a special blanket and socks would be a wonderful idea!
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 9:23 PM on May. 31, 2011

• book to read and some chocolate and maybe a gift card so that they can go out to eat.
    mommyflynn

Answer by mommyflynn at 9:35 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I was thinking about the blanket Idea and what if you and your family bought or made a blanket and used fabric paint to put your hand prints around a heart and put something in the card or a saying on the blanket saying something to the affect of "we're holding your little one in our hearts"
    You could put a heart in the middle of your hand prints, and well, their little one would be surrounded with your hands and hearts if they used the blanket in the hospital. ???
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 9:54 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Seriously, if they will be at the hospita a lot, and it doesn't have free parking (call and find out) see if you can buy them a parking pass. That would be very helpful for them. Call someone who is down there and ask what they need. Maybe you could send a card to a grocery store to buy some groceries. When my son was in the hospital, I didn't have time to go home and cook, and buying convenience foods gets expensive. Just some ideas.
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 10:13 PM on May. 31, 2011

• they do not live in the city where they had to take the baby, and they do not have a car now the car was wrecked really bad not even drive able they used the jaws of life to open the car to get the baby out. So they really never leave the hospital
    SkylaReneeMom

Comment by SkylaReneeMom (original poster) at 10:39 PM on May. 31, 2011

• books, comb/brush,personal supplies,journal to keep track of doctors,visitors,....puzzle books,disposable camera,snacks, hot chocolate/tea packets,phone card for long distance calls God bless,Robin
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 4:04 PM on Jun. 2, 2011