Obama plays 70th round of golf on Memorial Day...

Are you okay with this or do you question the wisdom of playing golf on a holiday dedicated to remembering the greatest sacrifice a service person can give to his country?

In 28 months he has played 70 rounds of golf. That averages out to 70 times in about 112 weekends. People complained about Bush's "working vacations" but seem to give this president a pass on playing so much golf.

Bush gave up golf during his presidency saying it didn't look right for him to be playing golf while others were giving their lives during war. He may have done a lot of things people didn't like, but I do respect him for doing this!

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/nilegardiner/100090074/obamas-decision-to-play-golf-on-memorial-day-was-disrespectful-and-hardly-presidential/

DSamuels

Asked by DSamuels at 9:14 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• AND LOOK AT HOW THE PRESS AND PEOPLE TREAT OBAMA! So let me get this right, if Obama had a ranch to get away to it wouldn't be an issue? Its just those extra rounds of golf that bug you?? People need to find more important issues to focus on.

You do know that Bush had a full sitcom room at his ranch ~ don't you? He could (and did) handle quite a bit from that ranch even while he was on vacation. Now, when you can say the same thing about Obama out there swinging his golf club get back to me.

The difference is that Bush did, and does, care about the military. Obama does not. Go find the reporter who loves him the mostest and that fact will not change. As for finding something more important to focus on, I'd be happy if Obama would take the time to do that.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 11:49 PM on May. 31, 2011

• This coming from the UK. I thought they loved Obama over there?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:23 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Honestly, at this point I really don't care what he does. I have zero expectations of him (sure, I am finding myself consistently disappointed - but I expect it). Election season can't get here soon enough.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:16 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I wouldnt care what he did of he was running this country properly. Him spending more time on the golf course than trying to turn this sucky economy around is shameful. He again on Memorial Day has proven that this presidency os one big 4 year vacation and screw how this country is run. He is beyond and embarrassment...
    desperateat48

Answer by desperateat48 at 10:26 PM on May. 31, 2011

• He has all his czars to make decisions for him since presidential decision making is out of his league. He is a disgrace to the office.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:17 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I don't care. Being a president, even if u suck, is a stressful job so u need an outlet. That is less than 3 rounds a month. My man plays 5 times that. I'm willing to bet most people didn't give a rip to what the holiday stands for.

My "man" does as well however he does not hold the most powerful position in the free world either. And just because YOU don't give a rats ass what the holiday is for does not mean most people are that ignorant.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:35 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Who cares if it is a blog...the question itself is about your opinion.

I think it is very disrespectful myself. If vets want to play a round that is fine..they earned it. BO hasn't earned anything except a good swift kick out the door.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:59 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Oh and what do y'all expect him to get accomplished with a house full of republicans who are trying to make sure he fails?

You realize before Jan Dems ran everything right? I really am sick of the Obama as the victim on this. Dems are still mostly in power and they had 2 years fully in control and didn't do anything productive.
    Anonymous

• Once again, his ACTIONS speak loud and clear...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 11:53 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Well we all know that he's a selfish bastard who doesn't give two craps about the USA, so does this surprise me? NO.
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 1:00 AM on Jun. 1, 2011