At what age did you start to develop a morning and afternoon nap schedule? Also, how do you develop a schedule of naps?

I recall with my daughter that she napped in the morning (9 am) and once in the afternoon around 1 pm when she was less than a year old. I seem to have baby amnesia and can't recall what age I started that or how I went about creating the nap schedule. I am clueless! I have twin boys now, 2 months old and am in need of some guidance. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I didn't really do a schedule for my 4 month old, he just does it on his own. He gets up in the morning, plays for about 3 hours, eats then lays down for his nap. Then about 2 hours later he'll wake up and play about 3-4 more hours and is ready for his afternoon nap. He really started this about 2 weeks ago right when he turned 4 months, so I dunno....
    summermail88

Answer by summermail88 at 9:30 PM on May. 31, 2011

• i never set up any schedule for her. she just did it on her own. mostly because she was in daycare but i remember the days she was not in daycare she would nap twice for me but just take one long nap for them. she did that between i would day 6-12months. probably ended before a year it might of been before 6 months but i do not recall. i think it went to one nap a little after 1 yr old. sometimes its better to go by their schedule.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:37 PM on May. 31, 2011

• My son pretty much set up his own schedule too, it depends on what time he wakes up for sure but he will be up for about 2 hours then go down for a nap for an hour and a half or so, then around 3 hours after he gets up he is usually read for another nap.
    ErinT

Answer by ErinT at 10:19 PM on May. 31, 2011

• lol sorry he started napping on that schedule around 5 months
    ErinT

Answer by ErinT at 10:20 PM on May. 31, 2011

• My daughter HATED napping until she was six months old. At that point she decided she wanted/needed a nap and made her own schedule she gets up at 5:30, eats, goes back to bed and gets up at 7:30. Then she goes back down around 9:30 sleeps for 30/45 minutes and gets back up. She naps again around 1 and 4 for half an hour each.
    jteffs

Answer by jteffs at 8:55 AM on Jun. 1, 2011