How long did it take for you to heal from your C-section?

I'm going 5 weeks and just wondering how long more or less it will take for me to heal. I realize everyone is different but I'm curious to how long it may have taken someone else.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Health

• I have had two c sections, and the first one was tough. I didnt know what to expect. It was hard for me cause there is nothing down her on the main floor, no bathroom or anything. By the time my second came around we had the bathroom done. But anyway, the first time it took me about 2 months, and the second time maybe 3 weeks. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.
    ohiomommy77

Answer by ohiomommy77 at 11:21 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I was down for about a week and a half doing very little, to fully heal it took me about six months to not get stomach cramps and little things like that... They say that it takes your body up to a year for it to fully heal (this pertains more to your stomach muscles since they have been cut open)
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 6:03 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I recovered beautifully from my c-section. Two weeks from being out of the hospital i was back to work. But they said that's very unusual. My body just has excellent stamina bc i've been an athlete all my life.
    RavensMommy48

Answer by RavensMommy48 at 7:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I was up doning light activites in a few days. Off the pain meds in a week and pretty much back to my normal routine other than heavy lifting in 2 weeks. I didn't do any heavy lifting for 4 weeks.
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 9:38 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I was back to old myself around days 7 & 8 post surgery. No pain at all. Although I am one to just push on.
    Anonymous

• Well I HAD to recover as soon as I got home, my husband had left us and my mom was suffering from depression. I had a very tough pregnancy and a tuff couple of months after.
    Anonymous