Unruly toddlers

What is the most effective way to discipline I'm open to anything!!! I've tried the time out/naughty chair, swatting the butt, and going to your room!!! Nothing seems like it takes affect on the behaviors and it's getting bad!!! She doesn't mind any one but Grandma and she does spank. I feel guilty when I do but it's the only thing that half works!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I really like using a method called Love and Logic Parenting ( there is a group here on cafemom you should check out)
    It uses key phases to get your child's attention and promotes getting you child to think about their bad behavior. It also promote giving your child choices and enables them to make wise choices as your LO gets older.
    It also teaches the parent to be calm and not get frustrated and how to maintain control of your child without being a tyrant.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 1:26 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Well than go for it. No one likes a wild animal child. Put yourself in others positions. Would you want to be around such a child You have to get their attention somehow and sometimes, it's the only way. Sorry to all you nicey nice moms. But, I never had a discipline problem.
    Anonymous

• She's not this way when she's in public only at home I've yet to have any tantrum or her not listening when we are out and about just at home
    Anonymous

• The BEST thing I've found to curb my children's unruliness is simply taking away something they love/enjoy! I turn off the TV/movies, take away toys, or limit their outside play time. Basically, not making it any fun to be bad! If I take something away, I let them see me take it, while I'm explaining why I am taking it away. Depending on how bad they are behaving, some toys/movies and/or privileges have been taken away for up to 2 weeks! And when they are returned I remind them why they're getting it back and why they lost it in the first place. After that, it usually only takes an occasional reminder of losing whatever it is they love to get them to stop acting badly.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:51 PM on Dec. 9, 2008