Can police do a random drug test on my daughter

I f I ask them? she is 13

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Health

• You can pick one up at your local pharmacy.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:25 PM on May. 31, 2011

• no but you can purchase an at home drug test from a drug store and give it to her at home.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 9:25 PM on May. 31, 2011

• No. They can take her in if you suspect shes under the influence.

Answer by gemgem at 9:26 PM on May. 31, 2011

• No. If you suspect she is using drugs you can buy at home drug tests, or depending on what kind of drugs and the amount she is using - as well as what state you live in - you can check her into a treatment facility.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 9:29 PM on May. 31, 2011

• No but you can..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:31 PM on May. 31, 2011

• you can have the doctors do it also
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 9:43 PM on May. 31, 2011

• No, you could take her to the pediatrician though and they would do it. Or get an at home kit like said above. I have used the home kits and they are accurate. However, THE ONES IN THE DRUG STORE ARE A COMPLETE RIP OFF. Yes they work but prices are 6 times as high as they can be. If you can hold off a couple days, go to www.drugtestingworld.com. They have hundreds of kits. I bought opiate tests for less than $2 a piece. (dh is a recovering addict). What you will want is the 5 panel test kit, or the 10 panel test kit. On the site these are listed under Multi-substance tests. The 5 panel is around $5 and tests for benzos, opiates, cocaine, marijuana, and amphetamine. 10 panel is between $8 and $11 and tests for those plus methamphetamine, PCP, barbituites, methadone and exstacy.
    Trinity001

Answer by Trinity001 at 11:53 PM on May. 31, 2011

• the police won't do it but you can take her to her doctor and have them run one or you can go and buy one and do it yourself
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:30 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• No the police will not drug test her.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:32 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• You really need to be careful with drug tests. As a former test administrator, I know there are all kinds of things that can cause false positives (ibuprofen can cause a false positive for THC, if you can believe it).
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 9:34 AM on Jun. 1, 2011