I know someone who lets their kids smoke pot

My daughter has been to their house and had a contact high, she told me that the parents know he smokes pot and would rather he smokes it at home. Do they show up on drug tests?
I wanna test my daughter for marijuana.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Health

• Yes they show up on drug tests, you can buy home tests at pharmacies or at a CVS/Walgreens
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 9:31 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Yep they do. You can buy a kit at a drug store now days. I would also consider reporting the family.

Answer by gemgem at 9:33 PM on May. 31, 2011

• a contact high only happens in a small, confined space like a car. so unless they live in a shed she didn't have a contact high. why do you want to test her? i'm wondering what it's going to prove other than you don't trust her?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:34 PM on May. 31, 2011

• you mean would a contact high show up on a drug test? According to my exs probation officer, No. If she tests positive than she most likely tried it. I dont tell other people how to raise their kids but I dont know if I would let her hang around that person at their house anymore. I wouldnt likely say they couldnt hang out together at all because kids like to rebel but if you could give them a place to be supervised that might be best.
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 9:35 PM on May. 31, 2011

• My sister let's my nephew smoke it. Its just sick and wrong.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:36 PM on May. 31, 2011

• a contact high won't show up on a test no. You really have to smoke more than a hit or two for it to show up on a test, so there really is no way a contact high would have traces enough to have it show up.

There isn't a lot you can do about the other kid, but you can explain to the parents and the kid that you won't have your kid around thta.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:08 PM on May. 31, 2011

• first off, how old is the kid and if you dont approve of it why are you letting yours go over there?? the majority of kids in hs now a days have probably tried it. i know its illeagle but honestly, i would rather my ds smoke pot than drink!!! at least then he wont have a chance of dying from alchol posioning.
    Anonymous

• I answered the other post about drug testing, but i just wanna ad this. My mom pulled this crap with me when i was a teen. She worked in a dr. office and i got up one morning to go to school and she shoved a urine collection cup at me and told me to pee in it so she could drug test me. I remember clearly how i felt thru that, and unless you have proof of her smoking pot or having a drug problem i would say don't do it. If she tests clean all you have accomplished is letting your daughter know her word means nothing. And yeah, i get it that kids lie. But if she isn't using you may have more trust in her but she will have less in you.
    Trinity001

Answer by Trinity001 at 12:00 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I would talk to her first and see if she would agree to have a est done, and secondly if these people are doing this I wouldn't let her go to their house anymore. I doubt if it was just a contact high if it would show up but you can always do a home test first. I would also report the parents
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:28 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• She is smoking pot again,and I'm very VERY disappointed in her. I do a lot for that girl and I did trust that she wasn't doing it. When her friends are telling other people whats going on and I get wind of it how am I suppose to react? Just sit back and say oh well? She sneaks out of her window when her friends are sleeping over,even after I've made it clear (so I though) that noone is to go anywhere past curfew. I allowed her to sleep over at her friends house and this is what happens. I don't want to turn them into the police cause I don't know why this is going on, I know that makes no sense.I took all her nice posters down off her wall,and everything she really loves out of her room. I even took away her makeup. She says I'm unfair and that I hate her. I'm not bending to her anymore.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:57 AM on Jun. 1, 2011