Husband hurt my feelings

I dont know if I should take it for my own good but it hurt my feelings so much. My husband has never said anything about my weight. Well I have never really been that big but now I have gained 20lbs and am just 20weeks I went from 145 to 165 now. Well this weekend my family was over and we ate good..lol or fattning stuff... well we took some pictures and I look super fat. Well my husband just busted out in front of every one. You look fat. You need to stop eating all that fattning food and eat healthy. I felt so bad I started balling and my 5yr old little girl came up to me and said Mommy you are perfect for me you are just beautiful. So I started Crying more.... lol...I am so mad at him right now I dont know what to say to him. What do yall think I should say and what have yall been eating have yall gained alot of weight? with my first daughter I weighed 125 and gained 30lbs I feel I will probaly gaing more this time and I dont want to. I feel devestated and fat at the same time..;( Oh yeah and the weired part is sometimes I dont get that hungry so I dont even eat that much and I have gained so much.

Giolexjay

Asked by Giolexjay at 9:35 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Confront him. YOU need to tell him exactly how it made you feel. I would have been upset too. xo
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 9:38 PM on May. 31, 2011

• head up mama! I think all pregnant mama's feel fat, at least at one point if not more! Just tell hubby how it made you feel for him to say that. I don't think it was very nice of him to say that at all!! I agree with your 5 year old, you are beautiful! Kids tell the brutal honest truth!
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 9:39 PM on May. 31, 2011

• sorry to hear that. He should not have said that especially in front of other people.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 9:40 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Your pregnant and beautiful!!! I wish men could go through what we do then maybe they would understand!!!! Im sorry sweetie!! ((Hugs)) maybe you should tell him that his comment hurt your feelings. Ask him to be a little more kind with her words because right now your pregnant and have hormones and are senstive. I know I was/am. I hope it works out for you and maybe it was just a one time thing. You have a sweet kind little girl though! Go mama!! Good luck
    sunsetbeach81

Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 9:43 PM on May. 31, 2011

• There is no way in hell my husband would say that and live.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:43 PM on May. 31, 2011

• beat his ass.
    MamaHardy2008

Answer by MamaHardy2008 at 9:51 PM on May. 31, 2011

• what an ass, I am sorry momma !! he should not have said that, it was mean and uncalled for. I'd be confronting him about it.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:58 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Tell him sex is making you fat and if he wants to keep having it he better shut his trap!
    alboston

Answer by alboston at 9:58 PM on May. 31, 2011

• you need to tell him how rude that was and tell him how it made you feel and tell him that he did this to you, and he is just lucky that he isnt the one that has to go through pregnancy. you have a child growing inside of you and if he doesnt find that beautiful than there is something wrong with him tell him to grow up and take your feelings into consideration..if that doesnt work feed him sugar while he is sleeping and see how he likes being "fluffy" :)
    hismommy6509

Answer by hismommy6509 at 10:01 PM on May. 31, 2011

• He shouldn't have said that in front of everyone. I don't think its wrong for him to say something like "I've noticed you're putting on more weight than you should this early on and I'm concerned for you, so maybe we should try and make sure we're buying healthier foods." But the way he went about it was all wrong. Honestly, gaining 20 lbs at just 20 wks ISN'T good lol. You do need to slow it down. Stay active with lots of walking and light exercise and eat healthy. As far as your dh goes though, he could have brought it up to you in private, in a much more supportive way. I'm sorry :) And your dd sounds adorable!
    Kaybean

Answer by Kaybean at 10:03 PM on May. 31, 2011