How can I help my baby with stomach aches?

I have a 3 month old and for the last two weeks she has just been crying and fussing extra and it seems like her stomach hurts her. She is only breastfed and she doesnt seem to get fussy right after eating but more like in the evenings. She brings her legs to her stomach and her stomach gets real tight. I give her baby gas x but I dont like depending on that. Sometimes a swing that we have will calm her down. I just dont know what to do. Do I let her cry it out sometimes or do I keep switching her positions until she stops crying? Im so tired sometimes and feel like a bad mom. help.

mommma26

Asked by mommma26 at 9:37 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you can give her milacon (don't know how to spell it )
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 9:38 PM on May. 31, 2011

• mylicon or however you spell it works great. my son had colic so you might want to ask your doctor. but you can try holding her like a football on your arm. you can lay her over your legs, you can go in the bathroom with her and cut the hot water on and let the steam help her belly ache. you can lay her on your legs with her head near your knees and rub her belly and put her legs up to her belly over and over again. one of these should help you. good luck :)
    hismommy6509

Answer by hismommy6509 at 9:58 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I went through he same thing when my LO was a baby he was severely colic. I tried everything and he too was breastfed the thing that finally helped was he was prescribed Zantec and I would pump and give him a bottle with 1 ml of cherry flavored mailox in 3 bottles a day. Sleep deprivation can be torture and I know eveyone says it will pass and u just want to punch them in the face, but it does pass. My son had GERD really bad have you talked to your pedi about her crying?
    RedDahlia82

Answer by RedDahlia82 at 10:00 PM on May. 31, 2011

• My pediatrician told me to try chamomile tea. Use luke warm water and dip the tea bag a few times until the water turns yellow. It will help settle the stomach! 

masonsmom116

Answer by masonsmom116 at 10:11 PM on May. 31, 2011

• try more frequent burpings through the day.. it may be colic as well, it typically starts about then.. and watch what you eat, if you notice she is fussy after you at (for example) lasagna for dinner, try to stay clear of foods like it that may be giving her heartburn, etc.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:20 PM on May. 31, 2011

• or, it could be a stomach bug... I know my dd was like that for a few days so I took her in (I thoought maybe colic). well the doctor I went to see was a jerk and blamed it on a diaper rash (which was all but gone, but since he asked about medicine she was on, I told him about the cream I was using).. but ANYWAYS.. totaly wrong diagnosis. turned out to be a stomach bug, that my 3 year old got 2 days later and was puking all night long.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:23 PM on May. 31, 2011