Pot vs Alchohol! very controversial

Ok here is the question please read all the way!
If you had to choose(HAD TO CHOOSE) one thing that your kid is going to do, would you rather them Drink alchohol or smoke weed?(say weed was legal)
My look at is i would rather my kids if they were absolutely going to do one or the other to smoke weed because the percentages of death is higher with alchohol than weed. Plus personal experience you much rathr lay there than do anything dangerous while high.
IN NO WAY AM I PROMOTING THAT I WANT MY KIDS TO SMOKE WEED. THIS IS A DO OR DIE SITIUATION!!
okay lets here the opinions, no bashing please

This is a debate between me and another i just want opinions(nice ones)

babygirl_18

Asked by babygirl_18 at 10:01 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Lame movies and brownies are awesome ! LoL
    Mrs.Harris138

Answer by Mrs.Harris138 at 10:24 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Weed. Alcohol is addictive and does much more harm, physically and emotionally. I smoke pot - and no I don't smoke laced pot, I know exactly where and how it is grown because I know the person who grows it. I drink occasionally but honestly I probably wouldn't care if I never had another drink. I don't smoke it in front of my kids, I've never been high around my kids and I don't smoke it while pregnant but when they get old enough to start making those kinds of decisions I want them to be open with me about it. I won't be a hypocrite. BTW I'm answering anon only because I don't want to risk the extreme bashers messaging me to push their opinions/views on me.
    Anonymous

• If I had to choose, I would say weed. And I understand that you aren't promoting it, unlike these other moms who seem to be ignoring your request to not be bashed, I agree with you though, weed definitely. Alcohol makes people violent, stupid, and does a lot more damage to your body.
    Mrs.Harris138

Answer by Mrs.Harris138 at 10:08 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I would knock my kids into tomorrow if caught them with either one.
    vntNyll

Answer by vntNyll at 10:16 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I agree with you, if I HAD to pick one, I would pick weed. I agree with the Mom who pointed out the dangers of binge drinking, which I think is very prevalent nowadays and that concerns me. I personally don't really have a problem with either being used by adults, but I think when teens do them, both can affect their still developing brains, and I also think the younger a person starts smoking or drinking the more likely they are to have addiction issues. Alcohol also leads to lowered inhibitions which teens do not need- they are fearless and reckless enough without adding alcohol. Pot is more likely to make them want to eat brownies and watch lame movies all night.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 10:21 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Neither!!! Pot is just as bad as alcohol. Pot does just as much as alcohol, especially because pot is not as pure as it was 20 years ago. You don't know what you're getting along with the pot. I would NEVER chose one, I have taken enough classes for a drug and alcohol rehab certificate that I know to stay away from ALL drugs.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:04 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Not that I would be happy with either, but I would say marijuana. Binge drinking scares me...kids can die from alcohol poisoning the first time they drink. Granted if they were engaged in driving or other reckless behavior while under the influence of anything, it could be deadly.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:11 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Weed (99%) mellows you out (I've read on here someone who got violent with it...but I'm assuming it was laced with something else that caused the violence). Alcohol does unpredictable things to a person (may make one violent, funny, or mellow, you just never know). Also the other things the ladies have mentioned. If I were to choose one, I would choose weed, because my husband knows how to grow it (no, he doesn't now, and I would kill him because it IS illegal...but if it were legalized, I wouldn't mind), and they could get clean stuff.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 10:32 PM on May. 31, 2011

• This question made me want to get high and bake some brownies !
    Mrs.Harris138

Answer by Mrs.Harris138 at 10:50 PM on May. 31, 2011

• this isnt even a question that a mother should ask. i know you said no bashing but are you serious. any mother should never choose one over the other because "it isnt as dangerous" they are both dangerous and can kill people. it is a dumb question, that is like asking would you rather your child die or be a vegetable. god i cant believe this...
    hismommy6509

Answer by hismommy6509 at 1:36 AM on Jun. 1, 2011