How do I show my Husband...

how much I love him? He is such a good husband and father. He always makes sure that I am happy. He has never given me reason to mistrust him. He is my true partner in our lives - the kids, the house, the bills, etc. I just don't feel like I let him know often enough how much I appreciate it. He is the cook, so I can't really make him a nice dinner. Any other ideas?

Crazy-Steph

Asked by Crazy-Steph at 1:18 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• Give him a loving greeting and a big hug every time he comes home.

Answer by Bmat at 1:21 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Massage him, tell him how much you appreciate all his efforts.
    Anonymous

• Just tell him how much you love him and appreciate the things he does for you and the kids.

Tell him you will take a bullet for him.

Anonymous

• leave loving text messages while he's at work ( I love to send my DH SHMILY's, which means: see how much I love you).
    Add little notes to his lunch box if he brings a lunch to work.
    I got a book of love poetry and will mark a page and leave a note to read the page
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 1:33 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Aww I am jealous, let me know you appreciate him.
    Kryssi17

Answer by Kryssi17 at 1:41 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• go to Hallmark and look in the You & Me section. They have cards that have a way of saying exactly what you're feeling. Maybe a card and arrange for a sitter and a night out just the two of you.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:51 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Write him a letter. I've always been good with words and when I'm feeling full of admiration and love for my boyfriend I'll write him letters and I'll put them in his bag or jacket pocket to find later. I'll buy him little things, such as a small teddy bear with a skull and cross bones t-shirt, and my boyfriend is not the kind of guy you look at and say "I bet he's a big softee" but he brings that bear with him every time he has to leave town for work. He does the same for me.
    Anonymous

• Write him a letter telling him how you feel. Don't stop with just "I love you" but make sure he knows just how much you respect him and are proud of him. And make a point to drop everything to greet him at the door with a kiss when he comes home. My husband said that means so much to him when I do that. And thank him for dinner and for the things he does. Think about it ~ how do you feel when you know you are appreciated? Yup, same for him. Words do more than gifts in my opinion.

And, I agree with the babysitter idea ~ get one and take him out to a place he'd love (his favorite).
    lifeofchaois

Answer by lifeofchaois at 1:55 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Touch him all the time. Doesn't matter when, where, why, how. Rub his back as you walk passed him. If he's washing his hands stick yours in and wash them for him. If he's sitting at the table go behind him and kiss the back of his neck. Anything, just as long as your touching him. It's worked for 22 years for me.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 4:15 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• You ladies have some good ideas. We already touch each other a lot. And our oldest is 13, so we get a date night at least every other week. We both work outside of the home and he get home before me. I get him cards from time to time. But I like the idea of a letter. It would be different to be in my own words. I guess I am lucky that we already do most of the things suggested. Maybe that is why we are happy. Thanks, girls!
    Crazy-Steph

Answer by Crazy-Steph at 5:22 PM on Dec. 9, 2008