Ways to induce labor, that have actually worked??

MommyLayne

Asked by MommyLayne at 10:14 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• They say sex works. Never worked for me. IMO if your ready sex can help. But if not ready then I don't think any "method" is going to work short of drugs.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 10:16 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Pitocin.

It's the only way I've ever gone into labor.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 10:17 PM on May. 31, 2011

• For me, sex. I even had sex the day I gave birth. When my contractions were 3-5 minutes apart and my water hadn't broken yet I had sex with my husband(the doctor said it was okay) and it worked like a charm, 4 hours later baby was here.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 10:17 PM on May. 31, 2011

• They say sex works because seminal fluid helps to thin the cervix. Learnd that in my college biology class.
    alboston

Answer by alboston at 10:18 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Sex, that is the only recommended way. And walk, walk, walk.
    Otherwise, there are no natural "remedies" for starting labor. Nature has a way of taking its sweet time for a reason!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:19 PM on May. 31, 2011

• today is my due date and i have been running after my toddler and doing jumping jacks and eating pineapple. ill let you know if it works
    sophistcatdfury

Answer by sophistcatdfury at 10:25 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Black cohosh works only if you body is ready. what really worked for me was the doctor stripped my membranes and i came home and walked and cleaned and it actually started labor. castor oil is suppose to work but i don't recommend trying it cause it is really gross and never worked for me at all. you can look up accupressure massage on google and it is suppose to help. hope everything works out for you and congrats
    neanuts

Answer by neanuts at 10:25 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Ask them to strip your membranes, worked great for me!
    HollySebeck

Answer by HollySebeck at 10:34 PM on May. 31, 2011

• dehydration will put you into labor!
    DLCarter2011

Answer by DLCarter2011 at 10:41 PM on May. 31, 2011

• One of my moms friends ate a whole chocolate cake to induce her labor and it worked but she felt really horrible from it. So, I don't really recommend it.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 10:53 PM on May. 31, 2011