How to ask for work off?

I am a nanny for a couple. They have 3 kids one I don't watch 17 the others are 2, and 3. I have been keeping them for 4 months now. When I first started watching them she told me it would be 3 days a week including 2 saturdays a month. Well I have my schedule for June and I am working 5 weekend days. She said well that should be okay since you don't have them any the month of May on the weekends. Well I had asked her if there was anyway on the 18th that she could let me go a little early (she just goes to school and studies on the weekend). She said yes! (Its my nephews and neices bday). Well now I just found out that I could go on a FREE beach trip with my childs grandparents the last week in july only problem is I am on call the 26th (I will only go in if the dad gets called in) that is a sunday I am off the other days they are going to the beach. Is it to much to ask for that day off???? and how should I go about doing it and asking since I have already asked to get off early on the 18th?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Money & Work

• You're asking a month in advance. It shouldn't be a problem. Just tell them that you will need that day off because you are going out of town. There's no further explanation needed than that.
    shareleann

Answer by shareleann at 3:42 AM on Jun. 1, 2011