I think I might need to quit my job

Ladies, what do you think? I think I have to...here's the deal

I got accepted to a different University, so I can fnish out my degree. Well I work Tuesday-Thursday, and only because those are the days that the program I work for opperates on. I work 10-3. what's the issue?

Well I might have class from 2-8. One class from 2-6p, the next class from 6-7:50p. Hour and a half commute. So I'll be leaving my home around noon, touching back around 9ish.

Even though I could work on Wednesday I think I would like to spend time with my family, relax, and do homework.

I will also be taking some classes online. Total 15units over the summer. Yes I know.
Computer Science
English, 2nd yr
Stats-my major or Geology- for science requirement
Psych-requirement--upper div course

If
I could keep the job it woud save me from a loan, but if I take the classes I need now I can, and just go hard now while I have the energy, I plan on getting my BS a whole year early.

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 10:43 PM on May. 31, 2011 in

• well you are giving your notice and everything. i did it. i quit my job to go back to school. there was no way up. so i would be at the bottom forever or i could better myself and get a education. so i quit the job for other reasons besides school but they wouldn;t be able to work with me anyways so it was the best decision i ever made because now i have a different job part time and very close to home. even though i commute to school its just the perfect situation for myself right now. everything works out for thebest. oh btw i am almost done too so it goes by so fast. even though one door is closing another one is opening. keep an open mind and everything will work out for the best.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:44 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Id quit and get the degree early if u have the energy.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:49 PM on May. 31, 2011

• really? thats what my gut tells me to do, I just feel guilt. But the job I'm at is not where I want to be later, I ultimately was just working to get extra money anyway. Woooooo this is such a big step.
    DomoniqueWS

Comment by DomoniqueWS (original poster) at 10:50 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Don'tquityour job! My husband has been looking for a job for a year! No one is hiring! You would be CRAZY to quit!
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 10:51 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I would actually try to reduce your hours at your job to where you can still maintain employment, some sort of income, and not have a gap in your resume. It is a hard choice because of the conflicting hours, but I worked full time and went to school more than full time for years and it can be done. Think about whether the job contributes to your overall career goals (not that it has to be your dream job...but what you can gain from it to use later) and what experience you can gain from it before making your decision.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:55 PM on May. 31, 2011

• In the field I am studying for the job market is WIDE open, I don't want to do what I do forever, I want to do what I'm going to school for, which is a hell of a lot more money. I work at a homeless shelter, not my goal in life. EVen if I did stay I was going to leave in September anyway, I am just leaving in 3 weeks, whichs makes it kind of crappy. I feel bad.
    DomoniqueWS

Comment by DomoniqueWS (original poster) at 10:55 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Take the loan. Your education is very important as well as your sanity and family. Get a federal studebt loan the interest rates and repayment are great. Best of luck. Education is the key to success in life. You are on the right track. Take out a loan and stop working until you finish.
    blackisbetter

Answer by blackisbetter at 10:56 PM on May. 31, 2011

• @blackisbetter

thats what my logical brain says....it'll be a big stress on my family if I am constantly gone, plus, the more I am gone the less my SO can work and he doubles my hourly wage. I just need to stop letting this bog me down. I'll hopefully have my class schedule concrete by the weekend, where I will then put in a 2 week notice. :( aww thats what makes me sad, just feel like I have to grow up a little and do something I dont want to do. ANd I dont want to commute like I will hae to, and be taking classes at 2different schools like I have to, it's just a bit much. whew.....I need to go on a THINK WALK tomorrow so I can process these changes
    DomoniqueWS

Comment by DomoniqueWS (original poster) at 11:01 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Honey, go with your gut. When I set the emotions aside, and the over thinking too, and just LISTEN to my gut it has never steered me wrong.

Six months ago I had to regretfully quit my job due to a move. The amount of hours I worked at minimum wage vs the commute just wasn't worth it. I knew the move was coming though, and kept my boss up-to-date about what was going on and what I was thinking, so it's been one of the most congenial "I quit's" I've done, but if I'm ever back in the area I 99.9999% sure I could go back there and work again.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:07 PM on May. 31, 2011

• @Rosehawk
    It just sucks to find an employer you love, people you love, and have to give it up. It's just a closing to a chapter.
    DomoniqueWS

Comment by DomoniqueWS (original poster) at 11:17 PM on May. 31, 2011