Gay male for prom queen?

Yes, I saw it when I logged into CM lol but I thought it'd be an interesting topic.

Do you think gay males should be allowed to run for/win prom queen?

Me personally, I don't think so. I'm not against being gay at all, but I still think there should be gender boundaries. But maybe someone has a view on it that I haven't thought about?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• No, because I am thinking then that a straight male could argue that the gay male is allowed to be either King or Queen and he only had a chance as a King.
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 11:43 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Then a gay female should be able to run for prom king.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:24 PM on May. 31, 2011

• nope a gay male shouldn't run for prom queen. its like saying a gay male could be the next queen of England.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 11:27 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I am torn on this. My first thought was-no- It's not fair there are places where gender lines need to be drawn. Then I got to thinking about it. Why is it not fair? The Queen is chosen by popular vote right? So if the male ran for queen and happened to win it just means that the majority of the school did in fact feel it was fair. And if they didn't it isn't like they could not vote for someone else. Now I still think there are gender lines that are a must, like changing rooms or single sex sports teams but this one seems trivial in the end.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:32 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I think it's wrong. The gay boy is still a boy - prom king should be all he's eligible for.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 1:06 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• As long as a female can be king then its all good.
    aj23

Answer by aj23 at 11:25 PM on May. 31, 2011

• lol gwen although I agree with your opinion I don't think prom queen and Queen of England are even remotely similar.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:30 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Why not. I realy don't see any problem.
    Bisel

Answer by Bisel at 2:11 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• No! Being gay is NOT about gender. It is about sexual orientation. However, I think a MtF transgender teenager should be allowed to run for prom queen.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:19 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I think that he should be allowed.
    as for some thinking that you shouldn't let a bio male run, what are you going to do, give everyone a physical to make sure they are the correct sex for the role? Don't assume that you always know someone's BIO gender because you don't for certain!

The world is changing, and I assume that the prom king and queen are determined by popular vote. So if the voters don't want him to be crowed queen, then they won't vote for him. Let the voters decide.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:37 AM on Jun. 1, 2011