I'm breastfeeding and my son has a white tongue. I'm not sure if its thrush or not. I don't have any white stuff on my breast or nipples. My son doesn't have white flecks on or in his mouth or on his tongue. It's just white.

I tried to wipe his tongue with a cloth but my fussy baby won't let me. Should I be worried that I might have thrush?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:33 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Could just be milk tongue.

If he doesn't have any white/yellow patches in his mouth, and isn't having issues with nursing, and you don't have any pain/burning when feeding, I'd say all is good:)
    MommytoNakoa

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 5:14 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I'm not breastfeeding and my son had this. He is 2 months now and I noticed it has gone away. I never brushed his mouth or did anything about it. I know someone who had thrush and it doesn't sound like it.
    musik32

Answer by musik32 at 7:03 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I had the same issue with my son when he was a month old. I was told by a very expierienced friend that this means they are not getting enough water (if ur formula feeding u may want to add a little more water than usual...only a tspn) (If u r breast feeding try doing this once a day.. pump enough breast milk for a bottle and add for example...for a 4oz bottle add half an oz of water, and mix thoroughly)
    Trust me it works :)
    RavensMommy48

Answer by RavensMommy48 at 7:47 PM on Jul. 11, 2008