Your thoughts on Tarot reading

to you is it evil because the bible says it is or your personal opinion?
Someone brought it up and I'd thought I'd share it on here

SamJ321

Asked by SamJ321 at 11:31 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• i don't think it is evil. evil is in the eye of the beholder imo.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 11:32 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I Don't think it's evil (but then again I don't believe the bible) but I don't believe tarot reading is accurate either. I feel it is rather a serie of statements or interpretations that are so vague they can be applied to just about any individual and any situation . I mean each individual card has liek 5 different meanings depending on direction, what it's paired wiht etc. I feel it is something that is just for fun but not to be taken seriously.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:34 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I don't think it's evil. I don't have much skill at it personally, but I have seen it work well for others. Evil is what people call things they don't understand.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:34 PM on May. 31, 2011

• it's harmless fun
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:36 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Yeah, it is harmless but meaningless and fun. NOT evil.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:42 PM on May. 31, 2011

• It's an aspect of my chosen religion. Yes, I'm pagan and content. I've done several readings for myself that have been amazingly accurate. I don't plan my life around readings, but it is an interesting thing to do now and then.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:46 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Evil? No.

Silly and meaningless? Absolutely.
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 11:53 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Not evil. They are just cards...you get out of them what you want to. Noone forces you to have a reading or believe it.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:58 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Of course not. I know they have no power. I learned to use them just to prove that I could "tell someone fortune" only with power of suggestion. It is quite simple actually and I have no special powers...evil or otherwise.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 12:21 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• i don't think the bible says anything about the tarot as it wasn't around when the bible was written . Tarot is an entertainment only Once someone gets serious or upset about it , stop the reading and tell them it is only meant to be for fun . I used to read the tarot but stopped as too many people took it seriously.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 1:14 AM on Jun. 1, 2011