I cannot tell if this is even labor.

so i have a pretty high pain tolerance ill just start with that.. This is my second baby an even with my first i had this same exact problem..

ive had about 5 or 6 "contractions" since 8:00 pm an its now 8:37 my tummy is extremely tight an i can feel this annoyance in my back. I have switched positions ive drank water ive done the works an they just seem to come back every couple minutes. im thinking they are real contractions since they obviously dont go away but i really dont want to go to the hospital to be sent home as a "false alarm"

if you where in my situation would you go in? or just kinda relax at home? im 36 weeks btw.

akalei

Asked by akalei at 11:40 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Better to go in for a false alarm then to have your baby in the back seat of the car on the way if you wait to long... that's my first thought!! Have you called your OB/Midwife yet??

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:42 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I would just chill for a while. Maybe sleep and set an alarm for a few hours to see how you are doing. I wasn't sure /convinced I was in labor until I had the pink spotting from my cervix thinning out.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:43 PM on May. 31, 2011

• i actually wouldnt mind a car birth! haha id rather have anything then a hospital birth. An I havnt called yet, im contemplating. =/ she told me though at the last appointment if i have 6 or more in an hour i should go in an get checked out.
    akalei

Comment by akalei (original poster) at 11:44 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I would wait the hour.. if they are regular, and it seems like they are after the hour.. go in and get checked. I hate going in as well.. I just feel like an idiot when they tell me NOPE false alarm. But they are used to it.. so better safe than sorry all that stuff..
    Punkslilncs

Answer by Punkslilncs at 11:46 PM on May. 31, 2011

• she told me though at the last appointment if i have 6 or more in an hour i should go in an get checked out.

There ya go... follow that advice.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:47 PM on May. 31, 2011

• You should go - because this is your 2nd baby labor will progress faster. If the contractions (tightening in the stomach) don't stop after changing positions or walking around it is true labor.
    cookiecutter17

Answer by cookiecutter17 at 11:59 PM on May. 31, 2011

• false labor, labor...I'd say see how it goes in the next hour, then go in. Maybe your water will break soon. Congrats!
    maggiebree

Answer by maggiebree at 12:00 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I would wait another hour or so if it were me because if labor just started an hour ago chances are you are not very progressed. It is up to you though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• sounds like labor to me...but you should call your doctor..
    hismommy6509

Answer by hismommy6509 at 1:13 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• How about planning a home birth?
    Then it doesn't matter.
    :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:15 AM on Jun. 1, 2011