Mis-matched spirituality - christian responses only please

There is a lady who I made friends with about a year and a half ago. At some point, she started talking with me about the Bible, spirituality, etc. Long story short, she prefers to read feel good inspirationals instead of the Bible. I have no problem with inspirationals at all....but avoiding the Bible because your life doesn't line up with what it says and then always sending me emails about "spiritual" topics is making me frustrated. I talked to her anytime she wanted but when it actually came down to her making changes...she's out. Should I just say, oh well, keep praying and hope she wakes up one day? She is SO off base, but I feel since I've been honest with her, her "blood is off my hands".

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think you must stick to the scripture where it says "How can you pick the speck out of their eye when there is a log in yours?" Okay that was horribly paraphrased but you know what it means. It means basically interfering will only cause problems if you try to point this out to her. Worry about your problems and keep praying for her. Keep your thoughts to yourself and leave them to God. If you have to you can distance yourself from her.
    Anonymous

• you have to tell her. Your right.
    Anonymous

• There is a bible verse that addresses how we are to be with other believers if there is sin in there life. I will look for it and post it.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 1:39 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• No, Your putting yourself in God's place if you tell her. YOUR job is to PRAY to GOD. It is GOD's job to fix it. Too many people try to fix" things on their thing and they get in the way of God's work. He will come through but he can't follow through if you are in the way. You just pray for her and let HIM handle it. anon # 1 is right.
    Anonymous

• If you don't like her and her ways. Don't talk to her or hang out with her any more. Stop being her friend. Friends a suppose to like each other.

Answer by louise2 at 1:48 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• The bible says " he that wins souls is wise." Keep doing what you've been doing and your Christian Life will draw her. all you need to do is keep lifting up Jesus and He will do the drawing. "If I be lifted up I will draw all men unto me"
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 1:57 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Gal. 6: 1 Dear brothers and sisters, if another believer is overcome by some sin, you who are godly should gently and humbly help that person back onto the right path. And be careful not to fall into the same temptation yourself. 2 Share each other’s burdens, and in this way obey the law of Christ.

When we see another believer who is in sin... we are to speak the truth and correct them. As the above verse says.. gently and humbly.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 1:58 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Thanks bonn777, I am the OP and I was also looking for that verse. I also read on and was reminded in Gal 6:9..."And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart." Oh, isn't God so gracious to lead us to the right scripture when we need it.
    Anonymous

• The scriptures say that Jesus did go from house to house, and we are supposed to imitate him by spreading the word of his father as he did. We are supose to teach others. its christ like. We are supose to do as he does? So why do you not feel she needs to know? Jesus told all as should we. No excuse
    Anonymous

• I think it's important also, to let God open the door for you to speak with her. Always be willing and ready. Just don't be pushy, the the Holy Spirit lead you...

1 Peter 3:15
    But in your hears set apart Christ as Lord, Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who ask you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and love.
    luvnmy3kid

Answer by luvnmy3kid at 2:26 PM on Dec. 9, 2008