My 19 month daughter

my daughter is 19 months and she has been potty trained for almost 4 months now. no diapers no wetting the bed at night. this week she has been peeing every where wont pee in the potty and wont tell me she has to go until its to late. she started doing this last Saturday and I have no clue why or what to do?

cldnard08

Asked by cldnard08 at 12:02 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 1 (-7 Credits)
  • how did you potty train her? my dd is 19months and i want to potty train her
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 12:03 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• well its normal to go backwards. regression is not abnormal when it comes to potty training. ok lets back track what did you do last saturday? is there a new baby? was there a event she was involved in? anything that would trigger this? if nothing i would talk to the doctor and keep encouraging her to go to the potty. good luck.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 12:09 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• no new baby.. my son is 3 years old. we went to the zoo and she done fine while we were their then we went to my mother in law for supper and my daughter and my son stay with her on Saturday night and we went to pick her up and my mother in law said she had to put a diaper on her bc she kept peeing in floor and she peed on her so she went and put a diaper on her.
    cldnard08

Comment by cldnard08 (original poster) at 12:15 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• hi lovin_mybaby if you can send me a message ill tell you how i potty trained both of my kids.. my son was potty trained at 13 months:)
    cldnard08

Comment by cldnard08 (original poster) at 12:18 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I hope this helps
    Consistancy. Our children sometimes regress. Stay on top of her.
    Autiziumom

Answer by Autiziumom at 12:32 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• It is normal for her to regress. It's very important not to get mad at her because it's normal. My son did it, my nephew and niece did it. It's just a phase. If you don't make a big deal about it and then give her lots of praise when she goes on the potty again, she'll be fine. Try just saying "oh you had an accident? We'll just wear a pull-up until you are ready to use the potty again." The pull-up will feel uncomfortable and she'll probably go back to the potty after being wet a few times. Good luck! :)
    MommyManyHats

Answer by MommyManyHats at 1:21 AM on Jun. 1, 2011