If your SO/DH works out nights...

do ya'll communicate while he's at work?...... text? call? me and my ex are working on getting back together but one thing is bugging me. he works about 2pm to midnight, one, or later. (he is a supervisor so i know he can get pretty busy) i work 8-5. he doesnt call or text or anything. as i said we're not togrther, but we're working on getting back together. should this bother me? i am worrying about nothing? a lot of times i will text him and he wont text back or i'll call and he wont call back. i just want 5 minutes of his time to say hey hows it going? hows ur day? thats it. even its before he goes to work. am i being unreasonable? asking too much too soon?

iluvmybabe

Asked by iluvmybabe at 12:16 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• well my hubby calls me all darn day, he works from 6am to 6pm but has access to his phone all the time, so he calls me at least 5 times a day, just to see what we are doing, the kids and I but im a server, ( at night) so I cannot use my phone, its funny he take s the kids there every tuesday for kids eat free, just to see me, we are really close, lol, come to think of it, really close huh? lol
    pook003

Answer by pook003 at 12:40 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Your ex sounds a LOT like my husband...works from 2pm to sometimes 2am. I wouldn't worry too much about it, as long as y'all are communicating. My husband will call if I text IF he has the time. So he really might not be able to contact you.

Other than him not being able to communicate during working hours, is everything else going OK?
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:19 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• My husband leaves home at 9pm, and works till whenever the job is done. Sometimes he gets home at noon! which is crazy. Sometimes he texts me, or calls, but not often. Just to tell me where the job is at (he works at a lot of different stores). He can't text while hes working otherwise he gets written up. I wouldn't stress him not talking to you while hes at work.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 12:23 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• yeah besides that its going great! im really happy and its great when we"re together. it just makes my day long. its not like we live together and we can talk when he gets home (i wish lol).
    iluvmybabe

Comment by iluvmybabe (original poster) at 12:25 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• ok now i feel kind of silly worrying about it. i will stop stressing about it. ive just never been in this situation before.
    iluvmybabe

Comment by iluvmybabe (original poster) at 12:26 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• When he is at work I try to leave him alone as much as possible. If he is working a long shift he will call on at least one of his breaks.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:35 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• IMO you are being unreasonable. He's a supervisor at his job so he has to set an example for the rest of the employees. If he is on his phone calling or texting you then that tells the rest of the employees that they can do it too. He is being very responsible by staying focused on work while he is at work! Don't ask him to lower his work standards just to ease your mind.
    My husband and kids call & text me a lot when I am at work and I find it really irritating! Sometimes they even show up and ask me why I'm not answering my phone? Well, duh, because I am at work and I'm busy!
    shareleann

Answer by shareleann at 5:21 AM on Jun. 1, 2011