Jealousy over the youngest child about everything from her older siblings

my four oldest children are always telling that the baby, who is now 20 is spoiled, and thats why she acts the way she does, SPOILED, and its my fault, mom.

awsomeme

Asked by awsomeme at 12:24 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• 20 years or 20 months?
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:28 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• she is 20 years old
    awsomeme

Comment by awsomeme (original poster) at 12:54 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• okay.. so what's your question? how to deal with it? are they right? we need more info really
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:15 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• lol, sounds like she's spoiled! she probably got away with quite a bit more than you realize. my parents had no idea my little sister could actually sob on cue until she told them as an adult. i got hit with so many wooden spoons because she lied as said i'd brutally injured her.
    LunaB

Answer by LunaB at 1:16 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I was the youngest and I got away with murder! Lol! I think it's natural to be the sneaky one/ instigator if you are the youngest. There is a big difference in being spoiled and being enabled though.... What you've got to ask yourself is ... Am I enabling my child to continue bad behavior or bad decision making? If you think you are, than a little tough love will cure that.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 9:21 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I was the youngest and was always accused of being spoiled and my brothers and sisters to this day still say I am and I tell them well I didn't spoil myself you are ones that spoiled me if thats the case. I don't nor never did get everything I wanted--I got what I needed and maybe once in a great while if we had extra money I get something I wanted; I disagree with Ms.Gwen on this remark--"I think it's natural to be the sneaky one/ instigator if you are the youngest" I for one was never that way. I respected everyone and still do. and as far as your daughter she is an adult and needs to start acting like one and taking responsibility.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 11:10 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• WELL I GUESS MY STATEMENT IS JUST A GERNERAL STATEMENT, WANTING TO KNOW WHY THE OLDER KIDS KEEP THIS UP EVEN NOW THAT THEY ARE ALL ADULTS. MY YOUNGEST NO LONGER LIVES WITH ME AND HAS NOT BEEN HERE SINCE THE AGE OF 18, THE CHOICES SHE MAKES NOW IS ALL HER OWN, I FEEL AS THEY WERE YOUNGER SHE WAS NOT SPOILED BUT HER FATHER AND I HAD MORE MONEY AND SHE JUST RECIEVED MORE STUFF AS A CHILD AND HER SIBLINGS ARE SO MUCH OLDER THEN HER AND WERE BUNCHED TOGETHER THEN OUR FUNDS WERE LIMITED. BUT AS FAR AS DISCiPLiNE IT WAS ALWAYS THE SAME RULES FOR ALL OF THEM
    awsomeme

Comment by awsomeme (original poster) at 4:34 PM on Jun. 3, 2011