Why do people really believe in demons?

I mean I have played with a ouija board, tarot cards and been to a fortune teller once, not all at the same time, but no demon has ever bothered my home or appeared to me.

SeasideNative

Asked by SeasideNative at 12:30 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• WHY??? Because they are not very smart.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:32 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I really couldn't tell you. I could speculate, but I couldn't say for certian. But I think belief in that sort of things falls along the same resons some believe in ghosts, or other supernatural entities and reasons for believing changes based on the individual.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:41 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• it just gives them something else to ponder about in life...and because of movies, no matter what if you watch scary movies you will have that thing in the back of your head telling you that there is a possibility. you know the type of things that make you run from the bathroom and jump straight onto your bed or couch thinking there is a killer or something behind you..movies and folktales is all..
    hismommy6509

Answer by hismommy6509 at 12:48 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• its just a really good excuse to cover up bad behavior (they say their child is possessed by a demon or their spouse is possessed)
    Lizzypuppylove

Answer by Lizzypuppylove at 12:53 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Bad mothers-in law ?
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 12:59 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I don't agree with some responses... bad behavior doesn't justify all "demonic" behavior or paranormal events. Sure in a few cases where the relative goes crazy there is typically an underlying mental issue behind it. I personaly don't believe in the demonic, but I do believe in the paranormal, and know there are more natural cases for such events that a lot of people don't really consider that some should look into more. I'll leave it at that, and if you want to get into more details about it or debate, just inbox me.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:20 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Just because you don't believe, understand or have experience with something doesn't make it any less real.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 2:54 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• "Just because you don't believe, understand or have experience with something doesn't make it any less real."

Just because you reject the rational explanations for paranormal/supernatural activity, does not make them any more real.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:44 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Ah, I see why you asked. lmao

Just so you know, she's kuckoo. Truly in need of help, and not the kind buffy can offer.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:53 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Because they can.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:19 AM on Jun. 1, 2011