For those 0f you that are happily married!

What would it do to you or your self confidence if your husband left you for another woman? My ex said i should just blow it off. He said his new girlfriend would have if it happened to her. I don't believe it, so i would like other opionions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• Blow it off? Ha! Sounds like he's just trying to make himself feel better! I'm so sorry you're having to go through this, I can't imagine what it must be like being in your situation. If you need someone to talk to feel free to message me =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 1:44 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I would prolly die.. The only thing that would keep me sane is out daughter but sorry to hear your going through that...
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 1:46 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Being happily married, I know my DH isn't going to leave me for another woman.
    If things started going downhill and he did leave me, I'd feel bad for a short bit of time, but I generally bounce back from failed relationships pretty quickly.
    Your ex sounds like an ass. He wants you to blow off the fact that he left you for another woman. Nice- take your time and heal.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 1:51 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I'm happily married BECAUSE my husband isn't the kind of man who would even entertain the idea of leaving me for another woman!

But IF that were to change, and he did...well, my self-confidence wouldn't suffer one iota, as I would still have the house, the kids, child support, alimony, AND the opportunity to date again! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:51 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• wow, I'm not married - anymore - but I had to comment. Your ex sounds just like mine! He said the same thing to me when he left me for someone else. Though he was proven wrong, when he left her for yet another woman she was just as hysterical and upset and calling him telling him how much she loved him while I sat back with a grin on my face because that bitch knew he was married and talked shit when I'd call him up and start crying. I'm in a good relationship now and if he left me for someone else I'd be probably even more devestated because things weren't ever as good with my ex as things are with my boyfriend.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 1:55 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• It would break my heart and leave me bitter and lost. I agree with the above poster that he may be trying to salve his own feelings by pretending to believe that it didn't hurt you.

Answer by Bmat at 2:15 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• You need to take time to heal, and most importantly take care of yourself. It's so easy to fall into a depression right now. Keep your friends close and if you feel like crying, do so. It will take some time but you will deal with it and move on. I would not try to get any type of consoling or advice from the ex, he is a jerk and the bimbo he's with now will find that out at some point or another. I call her a bimbo simply based on the comments she made to him about how she would deal with your pain.
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 2:39 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• con't
    The point is that you have every right to feel what you are feeling. You need healing and you should take the time to do so. I have been where you are and trust me, it does get better. I was blessed with my second husband, he is the polar opposite of my first (jerk) husband. Hang in there and don't jump into any relationships right now, you need some serious "you time". Take care.
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 2:42 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Well, my ex didn't leave me for another woman, but I left him because of other women. It was very damaging to my self-esteem and it took a lot of time to get over it and for me to realize it was him with the problem and not me.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:45 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I am glad his "new girlfriend" would just get over it. That should show him how much she really cares about him, if she didn't care. I wonder how she would feel if he cheated on her with you! My guess is she would be livid. They are just trying to make themselves feel better. You should be glad you found out and are rid of him, no one deserves a man with that level of empathy. My guess is that he is still in the "fog" and isn't thinking with the right brain. Hang in there, this is about him not you :)
    Cbous

Answer by Cbous at 7:47 PM on Dec. 9, 2008