Ever had an ex keep bugging you?

A few months ago I received a letter from a high school boyfriend. He was in jail at the time for a drug charge. lol. Anyway in this letter basically he said he still loves me. Honestly when I read it my first reaction was just laughter. Though I replied I tried to be nice but to the point. I'm happily married and at the time of the letter I was 6 months pregnant. (I just had my DS 2 weeks ago). Anyway, I guess the ex is out of jail. I just got a friend request on face book for him. No I'm not accepting it.

I wonder if he'll get the hint. I in no way encouraged him with the letter. I am not known for beating around the bush. I told him basically that HS was a long time ago and I never really loved him.

Anyone had an ex that kept bugging you years later? It was just way out of the blue when I got that letter.

SalemWitchChild

Asked by SalemWitchChild at 1:02 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• I once dated a boy ( also in high school ) , he was basically a rebound from the guy before him ( who was my first love)... after a little while I realized his feelings were really deep, and I felt bad since I didnt really care for him and i broke it off....

for MONTHS he would call and CRY , I would wake up and there would be letters from him sitting on my porch ( parents were not too happy about that) ... he would even go to my friends house to try and tell them to talk to me.

after awhile though I stopped hearing from him... a year went by, I had gotten married and had my first baby.... and then he moved next door LOL... I dont think it was on purpose but still very weird, he didnt try anything after that except waving and stuff... we moved away shortly after that thouhg.
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 1:10 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• i wouldnt worry.. he prolly just doesnt know anyone outside of hs..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:30 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Yup, my HS boyfriend (we dated for 5.5yrs) We had mutual friends and after I turned 21 He would not stop calling me. He had a girlfriend that he lived with and everything. I got him to stop for awhile then right around my 25th birthday he started calling again. I finally wised up and changed my phone number.
    Opie99

Answer by Opie99 at 1:45 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Wow that must of been awkward for ya. But just ignore it. I had a dude follow me during work hours at every lunch and break that I had and he would send me creepy roses every week. I finally had to get some gansta guys to to tell him that if he did not stop he would not be walking soon,true story and he never followed me again, thank goodness.....
    geminilove7

Answer by geminilove7 at 7:00 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Yes, and he was abusive. I moved away to get away from him. At one point my now dh and I moved back to the town where i had lived and he asked my brother about me! My brother told him to leave me alone.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 7:46 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• It's jailhouse talk. They always write everyone they think they can con in to writing them and being there for them then use them or dump them when they get out. I wouldn't put much stock on him really loving you. He just wants to be taken care of. Actually he's insulting you. They only do that to women they think are weak and will fall for their bs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:14 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• My ex husband could not accept our divorce for a while. Kept calling, begging to see me. It was sad, I felt bad for him seeing that I was so happy to be moving on. I just kept ignoring it, and then after he got the decree in his hand, he left me alone!
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 10:50 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• my ex did that. Came crawling back about 2 years after we'd parted ways. He'd married someone else and gave me these lines that his wife wasn't faithful to him, he was considering a divorce and wanted us to be friends.
    I bet he did.

From what I've heard here and there, it sounds like he's in a open marriage and probably just wanted to start up seeing me. towards the end of our relationship we agreed to see others so he told the girl he took up with that he wasn't seeing me so she'd date him.

I say his Facebook recently and he's listed himself as widowed!
    geez.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 10:57 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• LoL, funny you should ask this. About 2 weeks ago I got a call completely out of the blue from my ex who I hadn't talked to in months telling me it was his birthday the next day, he'd been feeling suicidal, and could we meet up to have sex. Keep in mind I've been married since June 24, 2010 and everyone I know or used to know is completely aware of this. I've never cheated either so for him to call was bizarre and hilarious. Also 3 months into my marriage another ex contacted me out of nowhere with a pornographic picture message at 2am. It was no laughing matter and he did end up getting cussed out by husband, but it goes to show you that psycho exes are everywhere.
    Tinabee88

Answer by Tinabee88 at 3:47 PM on Jul. 31, 2011