HELP!!

ANTS!! I've done everything I can think of to keep ants out of the house and no luck. It started off where I saw a few, then went cleaning crazy (made sure to close up all food containers, carpet cleaned the carpets to make sure there was no crumbs or anything from the kids, sprayed the ant spray around all the doors and windows inside and out, and along the baseboards. I even went so far as to throw out all the garbage cans and buy new smaller ones so that after eat time we throw something out, we have to run the bag out to the can outside. AND to not have ANY uncovered drinks (even got those snap on tops for cans).. And today, I still killed at least 40 of them.. I'm at my wits end, and dont' know what else to do. They are the regular black ants not the tiny sugar ants.. any ideas????

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 1:07 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I'd try an exterminator, too. Not only do they have good ant bait (child-safe, and they can put it in child-inaccessible places, since it's a paste, not little traps like what you buy), but they can see if the ants are in the walls.

I hate ants. Good luck!
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 11:47 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• call a exterminator they probably will have a better answer

evelyn334

Answer by evelyn334 at 3:08 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• We mixed Borax with sugar 50/50 and sprinkled it around the foundation of the house. You can use Boric acid too (Home Depot). Also ant baits will help. Get the kind where they take it back to the nest. Look closely at the house for a point of entry. Ours found a tiny hole under the siding. Look for leaks in the plumbing as the ants want a source of water. And look for any soft rotting wood where moisture could be the problem. Most of our problems over the years were solved with the Borax but last year they were in the insulation because they found a water source from a drippy faucet. We had to tear out a section of wall to get rid of them. GL!
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 9:16 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I have cinnamon and salt are both good repellants
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 9:58 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• we have them really bad this year also which I could help I have been told that black pepper is supposed to stop them; and also someone said honey but I think I would contact a expert and ask them also. Good Luck
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:14 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• go to lowes and talk to someone they can recommend something for you
    hismommy6509

Answer by hismommy6509 at 1:10 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• we tried the borax with sugar 50/50 outside the house along with the spray, I don't know how many baits I have out, but I know quite a bit. I've looked for points of entries, but they are coming in from all different places. My biggest worry IS having to tear up some walls to remove them :S
    xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 11:44 AM on Jun. 1, 2011